ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any options for an intercooler for a 87 turbo other then the HKS kit for 1355$$. I know that i can custom make some piping and get a generic intercooler but just looking for an easier way.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
contact Eastbay300ZX. hes in the process of putting in a intercooler now and trying to do a write-up as far as I know. he will be able to help you.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I'm in the process of a write up right now.

I just finished the project yesterday (except for painting one pipe that the BOV is going to be welded to.

The only problem is I am now waiting for a new engine mount in the mail and intill it gets here I'm not going to go for a test drive. I already started the car but im not going to drive it till the new mount is in.

I built my system from scratch.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you get some pics together for me and let me know what the Dimensions of the intercooler are so i can have some good references to go by. Thanks for the help.

FELLOW Z's UNITE!

Post Edited (Mar 23, 12:30pm)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My I/C required major fabricating, and the removal of some parts. I lost the fog lights, and the A/C, radiator relocation and some of the air ducts under the car. I had to then make my own air foils and such. My intercooler pretty much takes up the front of the car. My first intercooler was a sabb cooler which worked fine with the stock turbo. I then made a water to air set up for my upgrade turbo, that worked OK but it seemed to heat soak too easy, so I went with an Air to Air agian. I will be keeping this set-up, it works perfect. Z-ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.