Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

Just looking for some good advice on how to go about installing an intercooler (stock part out of a Mitsubishi Starion) in my 1984 300ZX Turbo 5spd. The individual I purchased it from had it installed into a 1986 Turbo, so hopefully minimal cutting (if any) to fit it will be required. I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience in putting intercoolers into Z31's, any year? I am pretty sure my A/C accumlulator/dryer is gone, because there is no belt coming out of my A/C Compressor, it's just a bare spindle. I don't know what this thing is supposed to look like, but I'm pretty sure it normally goes behind the engine fan, which is where the intercooler should mount.

Here is a picture:

The guy I got it from told me that all he did was remove his A/C compressor unit to make it fit. I can handle that, but once that is done, where do I go from there? What kind of piping will I need to put in place? Forgive me for being new to this, but I really need some advice here. I have a couple pics of the intercooler, too:

Any help or links to guides would be super and I would love you for all eternity and then some.

Thanks,

-Blake

·
Registered
95 Posts
hmm, i had one of those starion inercoolers it sucked so i got rid of it, im not gonna tell u how i mounted it caust u wouldnt want to do it. this is my advice though get a different inercooler a front mount one. here is a link that might help <http://www.redz31.com/pages/intercooler.html>

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bummer. That's $150.00 down the drain, but I guess I can try to make some of it back on Craigslist or something.

Thanks for the advice,

-Blake

P.S. what cooler did you end up using?

·
Registered
104 Posts
alot of people have extended the wires and put coupling in them and then some have went to full engine management and put whatever sensor they wanted wherever they wanted i believe jwt sells one from a 5.0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.