ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own an 81 turbo ZX auto! I just had it repainted, and now I am looking for more speed! I installed a comp cam special grind last year plus I freed up the exhaust! I currently run high 13's! I don't have a lot of money but I work plus go to school, and I have to have my dad do the wrenching, but I am considering an intercooler! Any thoughts?

· Registered
996 Posts
Consider an intercooler from a Supra or Conquest. Both are large enough to actually help, both can be found fairly cheaply and both are easily plumbed into the ZXT intake system.
Dan

· Registered
492 Posts
...oh yes!..intercool it...get a boost controller (or make 1)....some BIG injectors...and adjust your pop-off (or get an adjustable one or just plug it if you feel lucky)..and you should be @ 300+ hp...(or @ least you get about 10hp for every lb of boost it'll hold)...different people say different things and theres prbly more than one way to do it...thats the way i'm gonna try to do mine.....my boost contoller (cheapo $100 one @ motorsport) 'sposed to be on the ups truck now.....
good luck
....s

· Registered
274 Posts
Toyota maybe - Starion marginal.

If you're going the building route one stage at a time don't waste time w/either - get an NPR or Spearco.

Stock injectors good for ~260 HP, add a rising rate FPR and you may get another 20-30.

After this you need to switch to aftermarket fuel injection and bigger injectors.

SDS seems best bang for buck.

· Registered
492 Posts
brad-man......do you have an sds...did you set it up.....i was thinking 'bout one (later)...i dont know if i'll ever try for enough hp to need one (i have the p90a hydraulic head)....its about the only one in my price range (that works)...does it do "all" you want/need it to do?...i would imagine its pretty rough to program right..?.......s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.