ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the junkyard today (i needed a ecu) the when i was walkin out i saw an 86 maxima with the vg in it, i went to go look at it and it had a plenum like the one hybrid made with a frontal throttle body , it has all the other components our motor has so it seem like it could work , only difference is that it was facing towards the rear of the engine , and in our cars it has to look forward , for wich you would have to mount the fpr somewhere else , that with longer fuel lines and vacuum lines doesnt seem like a big problem, this plenum seem better because if you cut it open and gut it you would have a straight shot and also you wont get that bottleneck effect we get with ours.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i know have you ever seen what i am talkin about hybrid? it look identical to ours except it doesnt have that 90 degree bend and its a straight thru, this is from and older maxima 84-88 i am guessing , your going to twin turbo your car? .

·
Registered
224 Posts
Anyone used it?

Ive been looking for one recently to see what I can do with it but haven't found a Maxima yet. Apparently they aren't too popular in Central OR. Neither are Zs for that matter.

I don't have to worry about emissions so that isn't a concern.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of non Zcar VG intakes? (other than completely custom jobs. I'm not going there yet.)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup there's the straight shot one i am referring to ,its froim an 80's maxima , and theres a dual throttle body one from the newer maximas that does not work. maybe if i can get it to work on my car i will get more and sell them as there is probably fouror five maxis in that junkyard with the vg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.