ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the intake manifold pathhfinder upgrade from z31.com. it looks like a mod that i would like to do, the only downside is that i dont want my hood sticking up 2 inches in the back. is there any aftermarket intake manifolds that would work on this engine withowt having the hood to be propped up in the back?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
There is no upgraded intake manifold made for our car. The pathy upgrade is not worth the time and effort in my opinion for a non turbo car. There is a guy over on z31.com that makes custom intake manifolds like Engloid used. His name is raynyce4u. Call him out over at z31.com and talk to him about his manifolds. He takes the stock manifold and guts it just like Engloid used to. I think he is charging something like 500 for it. Also consider that you'll want to have other mods before doing this one if you want to see any gains from it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the advice

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you are looking to make power out of you N/A I suggest you do a turbo swap.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cowl induction lol, taht would be tight but im not skilled enough to make that happen

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
loud has nothing to do with it. The path intake manifold upgrade would never pass emissions due to the obvious visual changes. The Engloid or raynyce4u custom manifolds might pass. See Engloid and raynyce4u both use stock manifolds that they open up and gut. So essentially on the outside it looks the same except for the weld marks on the top. So a tech may not notice or think the weld marks are normal, if they still hassel you then you could still try and convince them being that it is a stock manifold. As far as the tail pipe test it should pass as I don't think it would change the emissions part too much, the main problem is getting around the visual check aspect of a smog check.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i think they cut the top and take a vertical lathe and just clear all that crap out...then tig it back shut..not sure on this though..so dont yell at me if i am..that seems to be what they do though

Post Edited (Sep 7, 6:59pm)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Author: 280z/300zx
Date: Sep 7, 11:07am

loud has nothing to do with it. The path intake manifold upgrade would never pass emissions due to the obvious visual changes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it says Nissan on it, most would'nt even know. Plus, you can still make everything work as factory, even with the Pathy intake. Fast idle, EGR, ect....
if you take to time to do the plumbing, and wiring.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Maybe where you live the smog techs wouldn't know but around here there are z31's all over the place, mainly beaters, so when I take my 300zx in they know what to look for. If it was just a matter of passing smog I'm sure the pathy manifold would be fine but I wouln't risk trying to pass visual.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Quote...
'around here there are z31's all over the place'

Man, seems like a different world. I think I've seen about 5 Z31s in my whole life!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Well like I said they are beaters. There are only a couple others in my area that are nice but the majority are all beat up. I think mine is the only one around here that doesn't have permanent rear squat while driving. Now S30's on the other hand, I can probably coun't on one hand how many are around here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.