ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
its the idle-up solenoid valve. It has 2 sensors going into 1 connector right? And a hose going from the intake elbow to the valve body?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok then what the **** is it....some sort of connector into the right hand side.....as your looking at the engine from outside the car.... and its connected to the upper intake plenum

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but yes its deffinetly a idle control of some sort tho thanks, its been idleing too low recently without one of them...it broke off...i have to find a place to buy this sensor now...any ideas?

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
there are no sensors on the driver side of the intake plenum. If you want to replace the idle up solenoid (the only thing with any wires coming off of your idle mechanism) you can purchase one at the dealership - use the z31.com microfiche to find the PN and nissanparts.cc to buy it.

just FYI, replacing this will not cure your idle problem. the solenoid is only activated when the A/C compressor is functioning.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
k red october sorry but i dont have the pic on the comp im on right now so ill send you to this sight imean i guarantee youre right about this but i just have no idea what they are...just let me know cause either way they need to be replaced i dont like having broken s**t on my car
http://www.pfispeed.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=53&cid=56
and thatd be the bottom right hand picture

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok ok ok...there we go...thats what i mean thanks red...but hey...so if im idleing and my voltage drops cause of low idle then this is deffinetly it now...i adjusted my timing...what the **** nothing....i advanced it more...this time not paying attention as much (yes i know dumbass...i know i know) nothing yet...look at the dist is almost advanced as much as it gets lol...get a socket asap and lower it lol...jk but ya i fixed it...so its not ignition timing...its set back to its 15 degrees...so thanks red..you think the best place is a nissan dealer....theyre too **** expensive...anywhere else??

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nononoonono not the idle up solenoid the idle control mechanism...thats the one on top of that setup there right...lookin at the pic its the plug thats on the topmost part of that thing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.