Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all,

Right now I have a intake manifold leaking coolant Yikes! My buddy ed(civickiila) pointed out that it was the freeze plug that was missing, So i went and bought a freeze plug 5/8th deep cup and stuck it in the whole and it seemed to fit perfectly, The problem is when i put the coolant in it started to drip a little, did i maybe get a size to small, cause its leaking on the edges of the freeze plug, Should i try pluging the edges with some gum:)? heheh or some other sticky material?

TIA
yuichi

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yuichi wrote:
-------------------------------
hiya all,

Right now I have a intake manifold leaking coolant Yikes! My buddy ed(civickiila) pointed out that it was the freeze plug that was missing, So i went and bought a freeze plug 5/8th deep cup and stuck it in the whole and it seemed to fit perfectly, The problem is when i put the coolant in it started to drip a little, did i maybe get a size to small, cause its leaking on the edges of the freeze plug, Should i try pluging the edges with some gum:)? heheh or some other sticky material?

TIA
yuichi

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yuichi wrote:
-------------------------------
hiya all,

TIA
yuichi

Did you use sealant on it? You should apply a little RTV around the edges. Tap it in carefully and make sure you have the right size.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Intake Manifold (HeLp PleAse) FreEZe Plugs!

Hi Yuichi,

If your able to slide the freeze plug in with your fingers its to small. Even tho you can get it to "fit". There is a slight interference fit on freeze plugs. The way to fix this is to measure the hole on the intake, and get a plug that is just alittle larger. Clean the hole real good. RTV is a sealant, put some on the edge of the hole and plug. Then use a hammer and a drif to put the new freeze plug in. At the most this is a five buck fix.

Dennis

·
Premium Member
40,971 Posts
Room Temperature Vulcanization

I'm full of useless knowledge today!
Silicone rubber, you know? At any parts store GE736 (red) is the hi-temp stuff. A.K.A. Silicone Gasket Maker.
You could also get a short hex-head NPT plug, tap the hole and plug it like that, also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.