ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a reason that the intake manifold is so rough on the outside? or is it just from how it was cast? I think it is just the casting but i started smoothing and polishing it and then thought i might ask opinions

later

jon

·
Registered
511 Posts
That would look cool on an early Z, Pre-79 model year.

Post pix when you're done, PLEASE.

It is rough like that to help f' up your knuckles when wrenching on the car.LoL.

·
Registered
567 Posts
remember, like somebody previously said when you smooth things out or polish to a shine, you keep it from cooling efficiently. it will make the air hotter therefore less O2 molecules going in combustion chamber to react with gas

·
Read Only
3,883 Posts
thats rediculous

so i guess when the machine shop ports and "polishes" your head that means it wont work as well hmmmm. whoever said that is rediculous. and i quote, " when you smooth things out or polish to a shine, you keep it from cooling efficiently. " gimme a break

james
pittsburgh pa

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: thats rediculous

cooling effieciently?? I was going with the idea that the smoothness would infact restrict heat flow. The theory being that the air coming in is cooler than the engine compartment so i want to keep excess heat out....hummmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.