Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I just got the new headers for my 87na in the mail and was curious to know exactly how invasive will putting them in myself be. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so can't really afford having a shop put them on. Can anybody explain the procedure for me? Thanks and peace.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
It's a bitch and a half to do. Some advice, get some spare exhuast manifold bolts before you start. It's very common when removing the exhuast manifold to break the studs so you will need replacements. When I did my headers 3 studs broke. As for the procedure it's pretty straight foward, remove exhuast manifolds and put in headers. It's very tight and cramped so I hope you have small hands but either way you are going to cut up your knuckles doing this job. In general a shop charges about 300 for install but to some it's worth it being you don't have to deal with the long hard install.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The local Nissan parts desk is closed, but I'll get on the phone with them in the morning and see I can extra bolts.
Many thanks. Peace.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, so I got the headers out and I only broke one of the manifold studs off. Everything came off pretty cleanly with only some minor use of percussive maintenance techniques.That all great, but how do I get the rest of the stud out? Any ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.