ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 73 240Z I've just replaced the auto transmission with a 5 speed box can someone please advise me as to the easies way to fit the clutch pedal I thought of getting the frame and pedal from the wreakers or maybe making a frame myself. Any advice would be much apreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I have a 73 240Z I've just replaced the auto
> transmission with a 5 speed box can someone
> please advise me as to the easies way to fit
> the clutch pedal I thought of getting the
> frame and pedal from the wreakers or maybe
> making a frame myself. Any advice would be
> much apreciated.

I did the same swap on my '78. You should have the mounting bracket already there for the clutch pedal. If it is there, the pedal can be installed
without removing the whole pedal assembly. It is a real pain in the ass to fit the clutch pedal bolt.... but it can be done. I found out it was easier to remove the brake pedal before putting in the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: installing a clutch pedal - post for archive ?

Josh,
Would it be possible for you to post some hints/tips on this conversion? The Search arvhive could then pick it up in the future.

> I have a 73 240Z I've just replaced the auto
> transmission with a 5 speed box can someone
> please advise me as to the easies way to fit
> the clutch pedal I thought of getting the
> frame and pedal from the wreakers or maybe
> making a frame myself. Any advice would be
> much apreciated.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I did the change over around 5 years ago. For my application I had a 71 clutch pedal to be put on a 72 body. I used both the clutch and brake pedals from the 71 due to the large automatic brake pedal. The tricky part I found out was actually the brake pedal. The hole in the brake predal arm is located in a different place for the 72 than the 71. I am not sure if this was due to being automatic, or a 72. It's something to be aware of though. I simply drilled a new hole in the 71 brake pedal arm and it's worked well since.

Best of luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.