ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just got an innercooler, used from cypressdowns, so here is the question where the [email protected]^* does it mount? i dont know what brand it is, and cypress is never online when i am so i cant ask him,

·
Registered
782 Posts
How big is it? the best thing I ever did to my car was to go to a straight mount radiator instead of the factory one, I just used a 240sx radiator. If you dont want to mess with the radiator.The only way to position it is to lay it kinda flat in front of the radiator turn it where the air will hit as much as possible but if you have to lay it flat I would put an electric fan on it since not much air would be passing through it, but it was a pain in the a$$ to mount the intercooler with the factory radiator in place.

Post Edited (Mar 7, 5:34pm)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK if anyone can help me message me at nos2xs on aol, i can show u a pic, i just really want to get this done in time to take it to the track sat.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
This is a joke right? You bought an *inter*cooler without knowing what kind you were buying and 300zx86t thinks there was a factory intercooler. Otay...well Brian wouldn't sell you junk so I'll play along and advise you to mount it as far in the front of the car as possible. Any way you can make it fit. Run the inlet side to the compressor outlet and the outlet side to the throttlebody. Weld some ports for the AAC and the air regulator and a flange for the recirc valve.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i dont know what brand it is, he never told, me. its in pretty good shape though, and yeah that factory intercooler remark threw me for a loop too. well what is aac? and air regulator, and i got a bov cant i just use that instead of the recirculation valve?

·
Registered
782 Posts
My bad I meant radiator lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a starion intercooler im pretty **** sure,

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeh on my old setup it did make easier removing the AC stuff im all about rolling down the windows, im from west texas I sacrifice sweat for speed. You going to have a boost controller installed when you run it saturday? You should be low 14s with 12psi if your running race fuel go 14psi, not unless its hot outside

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
west texas? what city? im in Waco. yeah im getting the boost controller thurs gonna run 12 psi.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Im in Odessa Tx. If your ever down here on a weekend let me know so I can tell you when our track is open.

Post Edited (Mar 8, 12:04pm)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool, i dunno if iver will be but ill be sure to keep that in mind, my buddy and i finally figured out how to mount the innercooler, yall are gonna love this, not gonna telly ya just gonna post pics on sat. youll either love it or hate it, but its gonna be tight. gotta love my buddy dustin down at Dirt Road Customs hes got some great ideas.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Cool post your 1/4 mile time when you run it. Run some race gas and turn it up to 14psi! I bet you could run some really low 14s at 98-100mph. Hey have you ever heard of this automatic transmission fluid called trickshift you can buy it at autozone, I put some in this camaro I use to have and it would spin second gear on a factory transmission big difference.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeh probably could hit high 13's even though its an auto It shouldnt hurt it any, it will probably help just a steady pull no losing boost on shifts or nothing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.