ZCar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1983 Datsun 280ZX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired an 83 280zx NA that had been sitting for about 18 years. Dropped the fuel tank, replaced the fuel pump and the coil and actually got it running on Thursday the 3rd. It started and idled for the next 2 days. On Sunday, I go to crank it up and it just spins. I have spark, I have fuel all the way through the fuel rail. I plugged a noid light into the injector harness and the injectors are not pulsing. I have constant power to the injectors so I know that the EFI relay is not bad. I can also ground the coil 3 times and hear the injectors click. I have another 83 280zx NA with the same ecu that I know works so I replaced the ECU and it still will not ground the injectors. What else do I need to do to get this thing to start again? I am confused as to why it wanted to run so well after sitting for 18 years but on Sunday it decided to go back to sleep.

· Registered
430 Posts
Check your ground wires. The FSM diagnostic procedure will check the integrity of the wires from the ECU to the injectors, the coil rigger to ECU. Start on page 90 thru 94 of the Engine Fuel and Emission Control System section

1 - 2 of 2 Posts