Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Does anyone out there know the technical differences in the 2 injectors? I have a 1982 280ZX 2+2 I bought to resotre, and have been ( its also my daily driver now ). I needed to replace 2 leaky injectors, and I was able to find 2 injectors for the Turbo modle for less money than the standard injectors. I can not find specs anywere to tell me the differences. At any rate I used them, and they work fine, I am guessing they can just achieve a higher flow, but if someone knows for sure, I would sure like to know, as generaly in the LA area here, they are less expensive than the standard ones for some strange reason. Anyone know?

Scott Milella

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scott-I believe the ZXT injectors are 220 cc while the na injectors are 180. As to whether you may develop a long range problem mixing them, I can't say.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Two cylinders are going to run richer than the others. The turbo injectors actually flow more at the same pulse width than the NA injectors. You need them all to match one way or the other or you are asking for trouble. the excess fuel in the two cylinders will kill your mileage, wash down the cylinder walls-wearing them out faster, foul the plugs, as well as the performance loss from running too rich. get the right injectors. The extra cost for two can't be that bad.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
567 Posts
Scott,
Greg is absolutely right, especially about the washing of the cylinder walls. Remember, that gas gets in your oil when that happens, and will degrade your oil badly. I think the z bottom end is almost bullet proof for a stock motor, however I overfueled bad on my 73 and mine threw a rod through the side of the block! My oil was water thin due to the gas in it when I tore the motor down. Hope this helps and keeps you from making the same mistake.
Tony Rohn

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for all of the responses, ok. So if I understand the injectors are going to pulse more fuel each pulse, that would make sense. So here is another question, should I then match the other 4 standard injectors, or should replace the 4 standards with turbo injectors? Since the Turbo ones can flow higher, would that be more advantageous, especialy if the engine starts to get performaced out? Or not?

Scott Milella

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.