ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I drove slightly out of town to look at another Z. After looking at the car, I hopped back in mine and hit the road. As I was rolling at 65mph on the interstate, I noticed I was pushing close to 6000 RPMs. At first I was afraid my OD was out, so I screwed with that for a second, and then I realized that in the confusion of being in an unfamiliar city, I had accidently pulled my automatic trans. down into second. So I'm out driving around later that night and I hear this clicking noise that is coming from my car. At first I thought it was an injector and then I hoped that maybe it was a valve and that maybe my oil level was low for some reason. Then I freaked when I thought that it could be a rod...well, it turns out it's the injector. So I'm at work today and when I get back into my car after lunch, the injector noise is gone. I was all excited and decided I would simply clean the injectors this weekend and hope the problem never comes back. Well as I was coming home from work, the noise started again. If the noise went away and came back, is it possible the injectors just need cleaned? Or is it likely that I am going to need new injectors? The car has 124,000 miles, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Jacob

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
How did you come to the conclusion that the injector was bad?

Have you had the injector saftey service campaign done yet?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the tip of a screwdriver on top of the injector and noticed that the injector pulsated with the clicking noise. I am not sure about the service campaign, I meant to call today but did not have time. I will call the dealership in the morning. Do I just give the dealership the VIN and ask them to see if all the recalls were done?

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How big are the stock injectors (how many cc's?)? Anything wrong with slightly larger injectors on a stock engine running about 10 pounds of boost? Anyone have another comment on the coming and going of the injector noise?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.