ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The computer will run almost any injector as long as the resistance matches. Now whether that same injector will run in the motor is another question. going from the stock 300 some odd cc injector to a 550 cc injector without changing any of the fuel maps will definitely increase fuel throughout the rpm range. Unless you are running the air to match you will run overly rich. That's better than running to lean. if you want to go bigger than the stock turbo injector you have a few options.
1-use rising rate regulator to get that little bit extra fuel
2-remap existing computer or replace with remapped 300z system, etc to match new injector size
3-get aftermarket programmable.

Trying to run bigger injectors without the matching calibrations in the computer is not good. It won't hurt anything except performance. The computer has no way of "knowing" how big the injectors are you have put in. The best you can hope for is that the car will still run with some sort of drivability.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
greg...

Is this just for turbos or would I be able to do that to my 83 n/a? what do you mean my re-mapping....who could do that? Doens't sound like a backyard mechanic job....

matty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.