ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 87 z31 turbo and the engine rolls but won't start I fixed the fuel pump got the fuel coming to the injectors but it still won't start I sprayed gas into the intake manifold and it ran perfect my question is how do I get the injectors pulsing so I can start it normally

·
Registered
752 Posts
How long has it been sitting? You may need to pull all the injectors and have them cleaned. For that matter, if it has been sitting you may need to start with the fuel tank and filter, which may be plugged by debris.

How about sharing some more history on the vehicle's condition?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Your injectors need:
  • fuel pressure to open, 30 psi at idle for example. What is your fuel pressure when attempting to start car?
  • An injector pulse. There is fairly good injector diagnostic in the FSM. Do you have the Factory Service Manual? FSMs at XenonZcar.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long has it been sitting? You may need to pull all the injectors and have them cleaned. For that matter, if it has been sitting you may need to start with the fuel tank and filter, which may be plugged by debris.

How about sharing some more history on the vehicle's condition?
Well the car has been sitting for some years and the fuel pump and tank was gummed up I cleaned it up and changed the pump now fuel is coming up to the rack but not passed the injectors
Your injectors need:
  • fuel pressure to open, 30 psi at idle for example. What is your fuel pressure when attempting to start car?
  • An injector pulse. There is fairly good injector diagnostic in the FSM. Do you have the Factory Service Manual? FSMs at XenonZcar.com
Thanks for that manual it's very informative soon as I figure out how to use that injector info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts