ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a 84 engine in a 86 and was wondering if I should use the injector cooling blower that was on the 86. I assume it was to prevent vapor lock or something like that but I never had that problem in the 84...thanks

·
Registered
662 Posts
My 89 doesn't have one if that helps...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Only the 1984 turbo, 1985 turbo, and 1986 N.A. models have a fuel injector cooling fan. It helps prevent fuel vapor lock. The fan may continue to run for about 10-15 minutes after the engine has been shut off. Some people disconnect/remove the fuel injector cooling fan. It could weaken an already weak battery.

I have an 1984 turbo and haven't had any problems with it so I just left it alone.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I see no reason to take it off. Mine works but I don't really care if it does or not, if it quits, its gone. But sofar its working so it stays. As for vapor lock, the 87-89's don't vapor lock, so it must not be a problem. Just my opinion, could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I took mine off. For the majority of the Z31 community, it's just a waste of space. If you want to leave it, no biggie.

·
Registered
304 Posts
mine still works like a champ... and as long as it does then i see no need to crack open the tool box to take it off... call me lazy buts its a waste of time if: 1 it helps the engine, and 2 is still in working condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.