ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ingnition .distributor for a " 1980 Nissan-Datsun 280ZX 6-2753cc 2.8L SOHC (L28E) FI. 5speed.'"non-turbo'"
I need the right parts#anyone?thank you. { at motorsports they said it was $398.10 for the ing.dist. & 240.00 for the ing. module}.
{at victoria british they said it was $159.95 ing.distributor $129.95. for ing.module}.

ps:?are this prices right. I need the right parts#,anyone?. a mechanic on "z" try a different ing.dist on this car and it did backfire for a sec, but still i did'nt start he said he got electricity for a sec. but he wanted to take it to
he's garage for further check.he is not sure the ing.dist he try on it was in good condition so i ask when he will know & i got same reply bring it & leaved in my shop. " any advised are welcome" iam in the process of buying
this car. i just want make sure is not something i could fix myself.ect..the car is great cond.overall.
thank you in advanced. [email protected]

·
Registered
381 Posts
RE: ing.distrib # for a 280zx80 .right parts#anyon

hi. no need to spend $400 or even $200 for a distributor. Go to your wrecking yard and they'll sell you one for $100 guarantee to work. Just make sure the shaft is not loose on the body and the vacuum advance works. You can do that by attaching a tube to the diaphram and sucking on it. You should see the entire pickup assembly rotate slightly. That's it, you have a good distributor.
tom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts

Junkyard's not a bad idea, just make sure the V/A works and theres no BB's in the baseplate. You can buy a quality Remanufactured unit at Autozone for 140 bucks with a module and a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
417 Posts

I Just check for the price for 81 zx ing.module at autozone here in las vegas cost $118.00 2 day ordre at petboys it was 149 and had in in stock, but petboys will match autzones price. so ck it out and it will take a whole 5 min to change 2 phillips screws and 1 plug and 2 connecting wires inside.
i need to change mine my care cuts off after it warms up no warning just cuts off. starts back no problem, but again cuts off. I ran the car with the hood off and it never cut off good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.