ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading this forum for a few months now,this Turbo stuff is VERY interesting.although V.8s sound cheaper/easyer/more reliable?Also,the Skyline sound fun.BUTTT,What about a NISSAN-V-8??? I don't know about them,but aren't they all aluminum?4.something liters?race-not well-oh-well, at indy?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>The Big Bucks and Indy Engines....</b>

Fish,

Nice to see another Indy Car fan out there. Great race this last weekend. Have ya ever been to the race... I went in 91 and saw Little Al Unser win. I was in the snake pit...(in field,) with seats below the tower.

I hear what your saying about the nissan V8. Just never seen anybody put up a post. It's almost always Chevy V8's with a few Fords.

Do you have one of these V8's?

Dennis

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
RE: Nissan v-8

fish wrote:
-------------------------------
Been reading this forum for a few months now,this Turbo stuff is VERY interesting.although V.8s sound cheaper/easyer/more reliable?Also,the Skyline sound fun.BUTTT,What about a NISSAN-V-8??? I don't know about them,but aren't they all aluminum?4.something liters?race-not well-oh-well, at indy?

What fun is taking the cheap, easy way out? The turbo cars will be more streetable and get better mileage at the same power levels. The Skyline is not available in the US, yet. Putting a Nisaan V-8 in a Z wouldn't be easy or cheap. Lots of fabrication involved. Chevies are easy because they have been done so much everybody knows how to do it. The Nissan V-8 would be new territory. Plus you can slap a set of headers and a Holley on a Chevy in a Z and it will work. No such option for a Nissan V-8.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
infiniti

the nissan v-8 outt a Q45
it's 4.5L
i think around 250 hp probably more.
nismo MAYBE has some stuff i dunno.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RE: The Big Bucks and Indy Engines....

Yeah,man Indycar/cart is waaay cool,F1 ain't too shabby,either.and,no, never been
to a race there,would love to!!!Don't have an Infinity eng. either.Just wondering why nobody even mentions it?Is it a pig?OR,maybe,they DON'T GO to junk yards!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a stock block engine

Don't let the IRL rules fool you (like they try), the "stock block" engines they run only have certain dimensions the same as the street version. Bore spacing, V-angle, etc. They aren't the same blocks. It's a scam just like NASCAR. And the Infinity's are now down to 4.1 liters I believe, but supposedly the same HP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.