ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a fax from Petersen's KIT CAR Magazine. They want to do a, get this... Feature Article on my VR! But wait... it get's even Better! It's going to be on the COVER! Holy ****!!! Here's the story. Mid April, about 2 weeks before the car was to go to the AHA show at Knottsberry Farm in Anaheim, I got extremely sick, had 2 surgeries and was laid up in bed. John Washington at VR Engineering and his crew installed the interior and basically got the whole car back together (with me coming over every couple of days to complain about the pain). They went to Knotts without me 'cause I was still in bed. So when they come back, I ask John how it went at the show and he says "ok, pretty good. people really liked the car." He didn't mention ANYTHING about magazines or photographers, (the *******). Turns out that the Editor came over to the car and just went NUTS!!! He got his photographer over and the photographers jaw basically dropped to the ground. According to John, they spent several hours going over the car, talking about it, taking lots of pictures. Editor was quoted as saying it's one of the most beautiful cars he's ever seen. But you see, John didn't tell me ANY of this until last night, when all of us who worked on the car were at a restaurant having dinner. The ******* springs it on me like bad news! "Steve, I've got some bad news for you... Kit Car Magazine called".
I was pretty sure that the car was good enough for at least a picture and a one line mention in the mag, but THE COVER and and a spread?! Jeez!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>Yahooooooooooo!!!!!</b>

O'Baby.... that is so cool...

Feature Story....!!!!!

As shooz would say.... Yaba Daba Doooo!!!!!

Very Exciting NEWS..... I had the same thing happen to me with om 68 Camaro and Hot Rod.

Time to PARTY....

Congrats on doing a fine job!!!
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Yahooooooooooo!!!!!

Wicked!! I actually smiled when I read that!! nice job, Steve.
She IS beautiful.

matty

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations Steve!

I saw your car at Knott's on
Sunday (although I had no idea it was yours) and was mightily
impressed. My friends and I go to the show every year and
have seen all the previous V.R.'s on display and felt they were a little raspy in fit and finish. After seeing
your fine example of what a V. R. can look like, I am
persuaded to convert my 280 to
the V.R instead of a GTO as
previously planned.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gene - I was worried about the outcome until...

I too have seen other VR's that I wasn't that impressed with and I'll tell you what my secret is:
Frank Aldrette and his crew of mexican fiberglass artists! I confess that when I took the car over for final body prep and paint, there were a lot of areas that needed attention. i am not a glass-man, mechanicals are ok. So when I went back after a few days and saw how they had taken every line and smoothed it out and every gap and straightened them. I knew it would be an awesome final product. The body man deserves the credit. ANYONE in Arizona that plans on doing a VR should consider Frank as the Defacto expert in VR bodywork and paint.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: I wondered why they didn't offer a spread?

The car is obviously one of the best done kits I've seen (in pictures). Very professional look! I couldn't believe they hadn't shot the car for the mag. But HOLY SCHICK, the cover huh. Excellente.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<b>Any Idea when it will come out?</b>

Congrats!!! -- That is a beautiful car.......My jaw dropped the first time I saw the pictures with that sweet a*! paint job.....

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: Should be July

The title of the mag is Petersen's KIT CAR
"The Specialty Car Magazine"

It should be the July issue, but I don't know for sure.

You would not believe the Waiver and Release form. My car may end up being built by aliens or something. They can say pretty much whatever they want about me and the car.

·
Premium Member
40,975 Posts
congratulations!

!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your hats will never fit again now.

Ok, I'm jealous. But really you and your amigos have done a great job and you deserve what you get. I'll take a copy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.