ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm VERY PO'ed (long)

513 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  HR2800 
#1 ·
I finally made the decision to go with a stand alone engine managment system (haltech) on my turbo 240, to make a long story short, I ordered the haltech E6S kit, and a bunch of other parts from a "local" speed shop, which, until I talk to them tomorrow, will remain nameless, I spent the big bucks, figuring that the only way to do it right is to spend a load on parts, once, and be done with it, WELL, I got a big box from said shop today, which included a haltech E6S brain, which is obviously USED! loads of scratches on the case including the mounting screw holes which have been mounted in another car! not only was the main CPU obviously used, it was just tossed in the large box, as well as the "new" 3 bar map sensor!
Wait, it gets better!
I ordered the terminated harness, for an L28ET, with all the sensor wiring prefabbed, figuring that I would pay the 80 or so bucks to skip all that soldering, but what was in my box was a bare harness......
Wait it gets even better....
Not only did I not get my terminated harness, but I got a bare harness for a 4 CYL!!!! thats right 4 injector outputs, not 6!
Just wait, the best parts coming up!
I got NO sensors, AT ALL!!!! no TPS, NO coolant temp sensor! NO air temp sensor, and the 3 bar map sensor I got has a part # that I can't even find! the only clue that it even IS a 3 bar is the "3 bar" scratched, yes I said scratched into the side of this "new" sensor ($112, new sensor my A$$!!!) yep NO SENSORS, when the Haltech website clearly states that everything except the MAP sensor is INCLUDED in the price of the kit.
We're ALMOST to the best part now.
What I DID get instead of any kind of a wiring harness to fit my car, was a big ZIP-LOCK, yep, ZIP-LOCK bag full of various unterminated, unassembled connectors!!!! WTF! I wasn't aware that haltech shipped stuff from the factory in ziplock bags!!!!!!!!!!
OK, now the best part!
I got NO software!!!!! Nope, none, none, none!!!!! NO SOFTWARE!!!! the shop I'm dealing with has been around for years!!!! they are nationally known!!!! I feel like I have "dumbass" tatooed on my friggin forehead! I also got NO progamming cable, thats right, even if the used junk system I got WAS complete, I have no way of programming it!!!!!!!
I also ordered enough "blank" aluminum fuel rail to make one for my car, and it looks like it was dragged behind a city bus for 10 blocks or so, I also ordered fittings from the rail to the injectors, I ordered 6, plus 2 AN fittings for the rail ends, they sent 8 of the same fittings, 2 of which are not even close to being the right thing.
As I said earlier in this post, I'm naming no names right now, but you can bet your SU carbs that if they don't make things right tomorrow I will, plus my wife works for one of the bigger law firms here in Houston, and I'm not above litigation, I thought I'd do the right thing and support a "small" (not that small, but at least local) shop, and when I talked to the proprieter, he seemed to know his stuff, even owns an early Z (or so he says, in light of current developments, who knows!) I don't believe I'm being unreasonable here, but the highlight of my week just turned into the bummer of the decade!!!

Stay tuned while I give more of my hard earned cash to Idiots!!!!!!!

Chris240Turbo

See less See more
#2 ·
a refund?

I'll assume that you talked to the manager about returning the obviously wrong parts; if your diplomatic, usually most places will gladly give you a refund; also, since it's a nation wide autoparts company contact the main company if you don't get your refund. usually, you'll get some one on your side, if all else fails, sue there ass in small claims court; it only cost about $40, and in my state, they allow you to sue up to $5000. Good luck...

#4 ·
Kick in the mangoes!

Yup, kind of like when you go buy the paint shop unnanounced to check on your car and it's outside, full of water with a dead battery! Hope you can work it out. As long as the terms of the sale itemise what your buying and whether new or used you'll have lots of ammo!

#5 ·
Hi Chris, sounds like crap to me. I would take everything back and get a full refund on the parts.
You ordered new equipment and you did not receive that equipment. I myself would settle for nothing less then a full replacement. The harness was not correct and you paid money for it, that is crap also. I dont know how much you spent, but you did not receive what you paid for. How do you know you have a three bar sensor if you cant even look up the part number???
No dont keep any of it, send it all back, and if you get any flack about it tell them you will persue this to the end, starting with a call to Haltek for starters. You also might mention you affiliation on this forum. And last but not least, if they will not refund your money sue their butts, get your money back and buy elseware. Judging from what you described, I would not trust them to do anything on my car.

#6 ·
Chris,

I hope it was not ProAm that scrubbed you like that. You need to realize that telling the truth is NOT Slander! Why do you feel it is necessary to protect someone who has already done you wrong. NO RESPECTABLE/REPUTABLE shop would even consider doing that and you HAVE obviously been taken for a sucker! DO NOT accept what has been given to you under any circumstances. Return ALL that has been given to you in the same fashion inwhich you received it and take some pictures before you do. I will be happy to set you up with my buddy's shop who will not only provide you with all the necessary components, but will beat the price you previously paid. STOP the bleeding NOW while you can! Send me an e-mail if you are interested!

BTW, you do not want to run the old E6S, you want to run the newer E6K. I know it is cheaper, but less powerful. And in my opinion, the Haltech is much more difficult to tune over the Electromotive because of the 22x31 timing/fuel maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.