ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went to change the tranny fluid today(with mt-90), drained it and the stuff that came out looked brand new. the guy that had it before me was maticulous! but once she was bone dry inside the tranny.... yep you guessed it. I couldn't remove the fill plug. it seems like it's LOCKED in place. I used my breaker bar and everything but still couldn't get it to budge. Any ideas?

P.S. i've already doused it in penetrating solution...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah, this is how high off the ground it is too...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and what size hole is that, i was using a half inch breaker bar and it fit in real nice but is there a special socket i should have?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the impact wrench is too big to fit on the side of the tranny, thought of that too...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
1/2 inch is what it takes, but it sounds like you need some blaster brand and some more breaker bar arm. Where are you located at Pb?

Post Edited (Jan 19, 5:06pm)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im in minneapolis MN

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
It'll come off, try tapping the breaker bar with a sledge a couple times while applying force. It's just a threaded plug... You should easily have enough leverage to get it out.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
yeah, darn near impossible to strip the 1/2 inch socketed drain plug...be a man! ;)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got the front jacks on the piece between the wheel and the frame and the rear jacks are directly on the frame

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you can do that? wheres the dipstick?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.