ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
from what jeff said.. you just can drop any old turbo unit/motor into your exsiting na. in the 280zx they had majorly diffrent wiring harness. Iwas looking into doing a while back when i heard that i could push out more the 300 hp without a new cam or heads. what you would need to change when converting to turbo is the harnesses. this is a big step. you just can pull one out of a turbo model and tape it together in the na. you will need a whole new harness. with just sticking a turbo unit on a na yes you would probably need new engine parts because its just going to **** everything up. well.. despite all the bad **** about makeing a na a turbo.. i think its a great idea and myself would rather make mine a turbo instead of dropping a 350 in it. if one can push more then 300hp with a few mods (injectors) then its a great idea keeping it with the inline 6 instead of an american heavy (50lbs more weight) v8. email me if you get it done...

·
Registered
107,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't forget the airflow meter, boost sensor, boost gauge on the dash in place of the voltmeter. There are also several sensors on the turbo car the N/A doesn't have (emissions). I would get a service manual for a '81-'83. They have specific differences in the two cars.
You do have a bright side, however....the glove boxes are the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.