ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Find a 81-83 280ZX Turbo Motor and drop it in
from what I have read if you add a Turbo to your N/A motor you need to get new pistons and lots of others

·
Registered
27 Posts
> Can anyone give me a complete list of the
> parts that I need from my turbo parts car to
> run the engine in my '79 N/A?
> Thanks
There are some things you need to decide before you make out your parts list,such as your ultimate goal and your budget.Once you have these you can form a list of parts to suit your needs

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
from what jeff said.. you just can drop any old turbo unit/motor into your exsiting na. in the 280zx they had majorly diffrent wiring harness. Iwas looking into doing a while back when i heard that i could push out more the 300 hp without a new cam or heads. what you would need to change when converting to turbo is the harnesses. this is a big step. you just can pull one out of a turbo model and tape it together in the na. you will need a whole new harness. with just sticking a turbo unit on a na yes you would probably need new engine parts because its just going to **** everything up. well.. despite all the bad **** about makeing a na a turbo.. i think its a great idea and myself would rather make mine a turbo instead of dropping a 350 in it. if one can push more then 300hp with a few mods (injectors) then its a great idea keeping it with the inline 6 instead of an american heavy (50lbs more weight) v8. email me if you get it done...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: read it right

> Can anyone give me a complete list of the
> parts that I need from my turbo parts car to
> run the engine in my '79 N/A?
> Thanks
Bandit, if I read it right you have a complete parts car, so you want to know what parts to remove from that car to transplant in your n/a. I'd start with the computer, wiring harness, ECU, ignition module and the engine. the complete harness should be your guide to what all will be required... don't leave any loose ends. sounds large, I hope you have a strong constitution.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't forget the airflow meter, boost sensor, boost gauge on the dash in place of the voltmeter. There are also several sensors on the turbo car the N/A doesn't have (emissions). I would get a service manual for a '81-'83. They have specific differences in the two cars.
You do have a bright side, however....the glove boxes are the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.