ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so tomorrow I'm going to check out a 1993 300zx TT. I'm pretty certain I'm gonna get it, I've been talking to the guy for a little while and everything seems to check out. I'll provide pictures below, along with the specs of the car. Since I'm new I'm just wondering what kind of things you guys would suggest I mod first? Trust me, I'm not a ricer. Not at all. I've owned a BMW M3 previously, and it was tastefully modded. I am simply here to learn what you guys think looks good on these cars. Also, what is a good website to buy aftermarket parts for this car? Obviously, performance is my most major thing I'm in search of. I'm wondering how I can first alter the amount of boost the turbo's are putting out. I think it's 8lbs stock correct? I've heard it's fairly easy to get around 400 rwhp in these cars. Just list what you guys think I should mod first, and feel free to let me know what you guys think about the car I'm (hopefully) getting, and just the z32 in general. Thanks guys!

Specs on car :
1993 300zx Twin Turbo.
140,000 miles (He bought it back in 2008 with 137,000 miles, so he hasn't driven it much at all)
5 speed manual
New tires
All scheduled maintenance
No accidents
Non Smoker
Modifications:
Inner cooler piping upgraded to hard pipes
Intake - Apexi 740
New fuel injectors
New ECU Chip
3" Labree exhaust from down pipes back
Brake booster hose was replace along with all fuel lines, heater core hoses, coolent temperature sensor, all PCV valve hoses and PCV itself.
He said the coolant lines are deleted, what does he mean by this?
He was asking 7k, but I offered 6k and he said he'd go for it.
Along with the price comes a set of silicone side mount intercooler hoses.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
As long as the timing belt was done thats not a bad deal.

Deleted coolant lines means he bypassed the throttle body coolant lines the last time the upper intake manifold (plenum) was removed.

Stock TT boost is 10 +/- 1 Lbs. verify this with an aftermarket boost gauge, the stock one is not one to be relied on.

Most of the "what to mod first" stuff is already done. I'd go with a boost controller though, best bang for your buck, and if the injectors are stock 370cc you can safely increase the boost to about 14 Lbs. That should put you in the 400BHP realm combined with a full exhaust and an intake/ECU upgrade.

Read the FAQ section and become friends with it. Welcome.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Deleted coolant lines are not to be concerned over. A lot of us do that as a mod for simplification in the engine bay. (wont have effect on performance or reliability)

Nice find by the way, she looks to be in good shape.

Your #1 priority should be to verify the 120k timing belt service has been done. Don't just take his word for it. If he doesnt have physical proof, then you have to assume it was not done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.