ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Congrats Idryfly - I'm jealous! I am so attached to the n/a I've had for five years that I can't bring myself to sell it for a turbo. Hoping to swap with a later model z31 parts car (tranny and engine) in the future.

Are you bringing the turbo to the show? Adding all the little turbo toys is expensive - be careful!!!

Edit - I read your post in the other thread - you are bringing your white n/a - looking forward to seeing you there!

Post Edited (Sep 23, 3:07pm)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Kyle, Good Luck with the 'new' car. I like both of mine. My turbo is red with an automatic. It's very quick for being stock. My 84 n/a is a 5 sp. I like it because it seems sportier to me. I'm stuck on the notion that a sports car should have a manual gearbox.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
john jones: shut the **** up. nobody likes listening to you, you stupid *******. get the f**k off this forum.

FYI: we might be putting proane on out diesel next year, great increase in gas mileage.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I knew a guy about 20 years ago who converted an older chevy pickup to propane. He claimed it ran good and had plenty of power. Also claimed to be getting incredible mileage. I don't know how he figured that out when you're comparing lbs of propane and gallons of gas. Maybe the propane was just cheaper for the same miles driven with gasoline. He was kinda weird, like an old hippy, cheap too!

·
Registered
559 Posts
yes propane injection is the new thing to do...john jones' z seems to want to commit suicide, john is just helping it along....

if anything, a turbo z (modded) would end up with water injection...maybe thats what the dumbass meant :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Just a little more explosive since you keep it under pressure. Look the next time you're in Lowe's or Home Depot. Their forklifts are all propane.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if we could stuff a turbo diesel into a z31 that would be a beast!!!!! just ask kevin, he rode in our modded diesel w/ the prog. only on 3. w/ a non boosted launch we stayed right beside a stang GT, and others. btw this is in a crew cab, 4x4, 2500HD Chevy pickup. next comes upgraded tranny and nitrous. 12's here i come :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
My parents have a motor coach with a 4cycle detroit diesel. I think we'd need a hood bulge and some work on the fire wall to get it in. Then I don't think we could see around it. Now your engine, that's different. I occasionally get a chance to watch Two Guys Garage" on Spike. They work with pickup truck diesels quite a bit.

·
Registered
958 Posts
"ya...he bolted a 50lb tank in the back and ran the solenoid and hoses to the exhaust to make sweet fireballs out back...totally faster"

lolol. I laughed so hard at that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.