·
Registered
108 Posts
> No matter what position my selector's at,
> heat, defrost, vent, etc. I get cold air out
> of the vents. I've seen many posts of
> similar problems and most responses are
> it's probably a vacuum leak.
> Where do I look? Throw me a bone people.
> This is my first Z and I know nothing about
> it, but, I LIKE IT!!! I live in Wisconsin
> and it's gonna get pretty **** cold here
> real soon. Somebody PLEASE help.
I'm going to try and answer this question again....

When your selector is in the heat position--the vacuum source from the white vacuum tank(the plastic thing on the passenger side of the engine compartment) goes into a magnet valve(electrically actuated valve which if stuck closed--can be bypassed if temporarily just so you can have heat)

That in turn, opens the air intake door. The vacuums activates the mode door for heating and outside air flows into the heater core. The activation of the heater core is through a vacuum operated water ****. Heat is discharged in the opening above occupants feet.

Since only cold air is blowing thru the center vents--check your vacuum hoses--and especially the magnetic valve(its about the size of a roll of lifesavers) and there is 2 identical ones near the plastic vacuum bottle.

Good luck--and if you need the darn schematic, I'll scan it and put it up on my web page.

Chung

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re:To Chung

> Thanks
> Craig
> C.M.G. 76Z

I have scanned a diagram of the heater from my 260Z. The other years may vary--but the idea should be the same.

For eight balls problem--if the heater core is not the problem(or leaking--he'd know it if it was--) I'd check that vacuum source magnet valve and vacuum ****.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.