ZCar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been gone since 2010 when I sold my 94 na. Well today I picked up a 94 na-tt auto. Wasn't crazy about an auto but went to see it because of the swap. 145k on the chassis, swap was done around 127k. I've got the paperwork, timing belt, water pump, the works was done at that time. Everything is stock down to the factory airbox & exhaust. The shop that did it did a pretty clean job & the car is in decent shape. It needs paint but the body is in good shape & the interior is actually pretty nice. Going to start cleaning her up tomorrow & figuring what needs to be done. I drove it back 300 miles & it ran well. Not planning to go crazy but just intake, exhaust, ecu. Get some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what it looked like the other day. I spent some time cleaning it up as best I could. Quite pleased with the interior, the outside is just what it is. Degreased under the hood today & got the right sized clamps & tightened everything up. It's much better but I didn't get any pictures. Up next is doing the same up under & tightening everything up. I have no boost gauge so need one of those. Oil is clean but going to change it & make sure I have mobil 1 in there. They've were running the na bumper so no vents for the intercoolers so I'm going to add some at least until I decide what route I want to go. I ordered a knock off pop charger so it should be here this week. Other than that just a full tank of 93 & some seafoam for good measure.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaned up the engine & putting some vents for my intercoolers in the na bumper. Fresh mobil 1 10w30 & mobil 75w90 in the differential. My main radiator hose has a pin hole so some blue silicone radiator hoses are on the way. As is a z1 single gauge pod & a auto craft boost gauge. I have no gauge at the moment. Boot leg pop charger should be here this afternoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My boost gauge came in & I should get it installed Wednesday. Broke down & order a bootleg ebay exhaust. It's only 2.25 inside but it has a straight through h pipe & mufflers so it has to flow better than stock. Cheap mainly lol. I had one on my na a few years ago & for the price I don't think you could beat it. Picked up some new rotors from the parts store & have some stoptech pads on the way. I've got a sony deck with blown bose speakers so I ordered the speaker brackets so I can run aftermarket 6.5's. Chipping away slowly. Need to mod my oil pressure sensors as it acts a little funky. I won't be going cheap on the ecu. I'll be going to ash in the near future just trying to get everything solid before I go pushing things much harder. Also got my vents cut, now just to get the mesh to finish them off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my gauge in & guess who's in saftey boost? Ran codes & got a coolant temp sensor code. Picked up a new one & should get it in today. Car feels quick at 6psi so 9 should be even better.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Lol, I hear ya. Love driving it on nice days with the t-tops off. Then I start to think about some upcoming mtce needed -- Heck I wish this was much was easier to work on...

On well- luv and hate.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probably never on the 5sp swap. I really wanted a manual but just ended up with this one. I've installed a hallman pro boost gauge & an ebay cat back exhaust. Also just put on new front rotors, stop tech pads, & a master cylinder brace along with bleeding the brakes. Nice improvement. Started removing the blown bose speakers. Got the back ones out & the new sony 6.5 in. Just have to run the speaker wire when I have some time. It's coming along. Boosting at 10lbs now & quite a bit more responsive with the pop charger & cat back.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For 170 bucks I think it's awesome. It's not a true 2.5 inner diameter but it's much bigger than my stock na exhaust. Also being straight through it flows way more obviously. Still running on saftey boost I could immediately tell a difference. Turbos spooled much faster and I could hear them. Exhaust fit pretty well, just needed a little vit of persuasion at the cat h pipe connection. How will it hold up I have no idea but I can get about 4 for the price of a greddy or hks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everything is straight through. I got the one listed for the coupe. The ones listed for the 2+2 have an x pipe. I'm not sure what section makes up the additional lenght? I'm assuming the x pipe section though. On my turbo it's not loud at all. I had one on a na a few years ago & it was louder but not bad.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Made a little more progress. Installed the correct ngk plugs & gapped them for 15psi. Installed a tt fuel pump as mine still had the na one. New kyb excel g struts & rubber pieces. ES poly sway bar, steering rack, & tension rod bushings. Car is running & driving well. Supposed to be going to pick up some factory tt rear wheels tomorrow. Talked to specialty z about tuning my ecu just have to send it out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Made some more progress. Got a set of tt rear wheels & mounted 245/50r16 bf goodrich sport comp 2. Installed a megan transmission mount to replace my sacked oem. I'm actually installing a set of megan dp/tp tomorrow. Car is on jack stands with the jdm dp & mid pipes already off. Here is a pick of the megan & jdm downpipe.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts