ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well started fitting the throttlebody/linkage and realized that the flange plate was too large. The throttlebody is from a 4.6, as was the flange plate? I guess it was mis-represented. More set-backs :( I have to take it to the machine shop to have it cut down, on a bandsaw. The lower pics are of the intake POLISHED. It is Half ass now, The front plate still needs attached.

And a shot of the bottom. I've never posted it. See how I used the base from the factory upper intake?. It is just installed backwards on the engine. The rounded back was actually the front of the Stocker!

Post Edited (Aug 15, 1:09pm)

·
Registered
662 Posts
What a pain in the arse (or ass)!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Don't give up - at least you are going for it! You are venturing in to uncharted waters! A pioneer in driving his z31 into new territory, lol.

Thanks for posting the pictures - it has been interesting to follow. I hope you get it there soon - I know you are anxious - and wouldn't we all be?!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I too have enjoyed watching this project slowly complete. The only thing that would be more satisfying is actually taking that journey myself, and looking at all that I went through to get to this finished project. That feeling of self accomplishment.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I cannot wait to see this car come alive! Can't wait to get mine back on the road!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.