ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Z-doods...what is the deal here... 77Z ignition switch. Where the four screws that hold the switch clamped around the column there is only two screws and in place of the other two are what looks like rivet heads [not screw driver head] I thought they might be unthreaded pins and have tried to punch them out from the back side,but they don't budge. They may be threaded,but I don't know how they screwed them in,let alone how you can unscrew them.... Anyone been through this?? I'm at a loss.... HELP

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: [email protected]#$%^& igntion switch HELP

Those are screws with tornado type heads that shear off when you screw them in. Their purpose is to keep would be thieves from removing the steering lock with a simple philips head screw driver. To remove them I suggest drilling them from the back. Get a screw slightly larger than the hole you drilled and begin screwing it into the hole, the tornado srew should begin to unscrew after a few turns,

You can buy new ones from the dealership fairly cheap.

Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,all great ideas. I decided to just change the contacts end which was where the proplem was. It finall dawned on me why they did it that way. And now I know what to do if I ever have to change the whole thing... thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.