ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i tested everything there was to test, and when everything passed its test, i went to the cap/rotor ( that was just replaced )... when i took the cap off to make sure once again the rotor was spinning with the engine, i noticed my timing light went crazy.. it appears im not gettin a connection with the cap on the dist. but when i take it off, it finds connection elsewhere and sparks.. i have a cap and rotor on the way.. this should do it~ cant wait to drive her.. man i hope this is it~

·
Registered
782 Posts
sounds like the problem, do you have 2 shiros?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope just one shiro, i wish i had another though.. lol actually i want a 5spd turbo coupe so i can paint it black and do some killer mods.. im tryin to keep from changing th shiro to much...

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Ill sell you my SS...for elventy billion dollars *dr evil* bwahahahahaah

or how about my 86 turbo coupe....? alot less. and its already black

Post Edited (Apr 5, 4:51pm)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much for the 86? i used to have an 86 n/a... nice cars as well~

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
gosh I dunno....1200? sorta needs work.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats wrong with it? where ya located?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
well Im not a mechanic. itll run, and Ive done a TON of work to it. but I know its got a miss at idle that seems to be a plauge on Z31s, its electronic suspension definitly needs to be changed, its radio antenna doesnt go up, and 3 body panels are a little lighter black then the rest of the car cuz it was in a accident before I bought it (was told the frame was okay though). It has a few rust spots (just surface from the looks of it).

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have some pics? whats the location? im looking for a 5spd turbo coupe w/ ttops.. the rest doesnt matter as much as i am looking for a builder... whats the mileage?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
its in san leandro, Ca (ooo a california Z), which is a suburb outside of san francisco. yes I have pix. if you have AIM hit me up on that. SportdriverZX. Ill be home from work in about a half hour. It has 123k on the odo.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i put the cap and rotor on and nothing.. checked the plugs and they had conituity from top of plug to electrode.. which isnt good, so i cleaned all plugs and she fired up.. strange.. im not sure what caused all the plugs to get clogged at once.. but its running now, tomorrow i will test drive her and hope for the best~ now if she screws up atleast i know to clean the plugs until the problem is diagnosed..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heck yeah dude, its awesome~ i still have some problems.. but at least it runs for diagnosis... thanks dude~

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
well if it's not my favorite ladies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.