ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 260z, wont start, a lot of the dash is stripped out and in the back of the car. The ignition wont make the engine turn, although it looks new. We have been able to get the engine to turn by jumping the starter motor. Need help on what wires need to be connected or any other problems we might be having. Also need a factory repair manual and help from anyone in the columbus area that has rebuilt z cars before, will pay. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
394 Posts
To the left side of this screen look under "Parts & Accessories" in the "Marketplace" section. There has been a Factory Service Manual (FSM) for a '74 260Z for sale for some time now offered by ZCLOCK. It will help fill in the gaps.

What kind of condition is the car in, known/unknown? Was it ever running? Any modifications done to it? Are any wires "not connected" under the dash/ignition switch or under the hood?

RLS30

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the car is in pretty bad condtion, i ran 8 years ago, but wouldnt turn off. So a new ignition was put in, but i guess the job was never finished. There are many wires in the center console not connected, as well as some tubes in the engine bay that arent connected. I dont know of any wires on the ignition that arent connected, but i might not be looking in the right places. The car is close to stock, new muffler, voltage regulator, and a couple of cosmetic parts.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think most of the wires in the console are for accessories and lamps. On the 260Z there is a STARTER INTERLOCK SYSTEM that most people have deactivated. But I wouldn't be concerned with that until you know what accessories and/or lamps and lights work on your car (wipers, heater, turn signals, headlights, taillights). This will give you an idea of what kind of shape your electrical system is in.

RLS30

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.