ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, still tryin to get the shiro on the road.. the msd coil should be in tomorrow.. im still tryint o test the transistor/ign module.. i forgot to bring all my mitchell on demand test information.. but it would matter anyway, as i cant find the module anywhere.. if you were with me a few days ago, we searched and searched and it was not where it should be.. beside the fpr solenoid.. but i have a picture of what i think is it mounted to the strut tower.. please go to my link below and look at the first picture.. it is a picture of me holding the part.. it has pn 1t27 on it... thanks alot..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
That part on the catalog page is what I have and saw on freewill's pics. That's the power transistor / ignition module.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is crazy... why isnt mine where it should be, and where could it be.. this is aggrivating me.. im not blind~

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found the picture of the coil and transistor together, and i have my bracket, and coil.. but no transistor, i cant even find a connector that would go to it.. this is odd.. im afraid im going to have to strip the harness and follow wires

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree.. its there.. i just have to find it, surely someone wouldnt have moved it before i owned it.. all my wires i in red loom .. even in very hard to get places. i wonder if it has had a harness put in it~

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i went to the parts store, and got a picture of the module for a 1988 300zxt and sure enough it was the part i thought it was. it looks alot different than the modules you guys have on the older cars.. i got my msd coil wired in, waiting for the battery to charge to try and start her.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
*fingers crossed* Got mine to fire up yesterday. Just have to find some intercooler piping and I'll be ready to go!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got the new coil wired in anddddddddddd nothin~ i need to find out if i should have 12v on the ground side? i have 12v on + and - on the coil.. i dont think thats right.. i have alot of information on testing the transistor, but it all says to test with car running.. my car wont run~ im drivin the blue bomb ( my s-10) and im ready to get my shiro back on the road... asap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.