ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hi trophystock----------Well, you can eliminate that. You don't have an ignition module if you have a turbo. Your problem lies in another area--I suggest you invest in a factory service manual or cd and go through the procedure for troubleshooting the ignition and fuel systems. The turbo car's ECCS system tends to be a bit complicated, and you have to take it one step at a time. One thing you can do is check the distributor cap and rotor, and also the connections (3) on the control unit that's mounted on the driver's side kick panel. Good luck!

Roadman

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not exactly, the Turbo car does use a Power transistor , does the work that a module does. They are fairly expensive new @ 200 bucks, but the Factory repair manual is a great idea. Schiff Manuals 1-888-789-6882 probably has a new reprint.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got my Ignition control module for my 82zx Turbo at autozone for $129.00 still kinda expensive, but not $200.00. You might try a junk yard you could probably get it for the admission fee, a couple dollars. But you would have to get one off of a turbo same year as yours. I got my factory service manual off of ebay for $40.00 so you might try there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.