ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can whoever has the sds system on their car email me asap. I've got some questions before I make my decision on buying the system.
Bernard

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Re: What happened to the GM ECM?

I thought you were going to try a GM ECM on the car? What happened, too much trouble? People really seem to like the SDS, but I still think for about $100 more I would use a Accell DFI or something similar. Laptops aren't that cost prohibitive anymore, plus the data logging functions are very, very helpful when trying to tune or diagnose the motor. The money you save initially will long be forgotten when you are trying to tune the car using a little LCD screen. Just my opinion, but that's what we are here for, right?
greg
71 240z

P.S.: I really am interested on why you gave up on the GM equipment. Maybe this Randell guy who keeps giving teasers on the GM DIS could come around and post more than two sentences on the subject and let us all in on his trick? I'm using a buick DIS (same as GM) that I'm wiring into my Fel-Pro ECM, but it involves making a custom cam sensor to replace the distibutor as well as custom crank trigger. Not something you want to tackle in your driveway i a weekend.

> Can whoever has the sds system on their car
> email me asap. I've got some questions
> before I make my decision on buying the
> system.
> Bernard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.