Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys,

Recently, I was propose to trade with a 240sx coupe. My Z is in more than good condition. 150k miles no a/c, everything else work. I need your opinion.

If you were to trade your Z with a 240sx coupe (191k, no a/c, 5 spd, average condition), what kind of deal would you want? how much cash you like to take back to be a fair trade.

p.s. I was thinking about trading it is that I like to try out the 240sx world. Don't get me wrong, I still love my Z dearly. But I want a TT, so I figured, I can drive a 240sx KA24DET now (yes, I thought it through a decided if I have a 240, I'll turbo it with a rebuild engine). Untill I have enough money, I'll go back to the Z world with a TT.

So, all opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
14,442 Posts
i started with the 240sx(a 1990 model).i love a 240sx.i will have another 240sx...

the 240 is quick and nimble,handles excellent,etc...

but it is not sexy.

i am probably alot older than you.i went through the dragracing phase/big HP phase,and i got rid of a car with 540 cubic inches of bad intentions for a bone stock 240sx,because i simply wanted to drive.

i got rid of the 240 for the Z because the Z is much more of a driver's car,much more fun to drive,and its the only car that Nissan has made(other than the R390) that is sexy.

and for that reason,a clean NA is (IMHO) superior to any 240sx.but thats just my opinion.i just want to drive to **** and back.apparently,the guy wanting to trade with you values the Z32 more also.

the lure of the turbos is hard to ignore.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
A good 240sx coupe like that id ask for another $1500 cash and let the Z go. My first car was a 1989 240sx hatchback, my second car was my Z32, then I bought a 1993 240sx coupe as well. I love the 240sx's but like B said its just not the same. I dont think there is anything quite like a Z32.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.