ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday(Friday) we had our track day, I couldn't wait to get the Z on the track, we started racing at 9:30 am after hour and half of class learning safty stuff and sh*t like that.

I really had no idea what the Z can do, I was worried at first of pushing it too much, and then my instructor said let me drive, he got in the drivers seat and took it around the track, after ONE lonly lap he got off the track and I'm thinking thats NOT a good sign!! he said your tires need more air! I had 35 pounds in each tire, he laughed and said pump 44 pounds in the front tires and 42 in the rear, so shocked I couldn't believe it but I did it anyway, after tires were ready to go, we got back on the track, and another ONE stinking lap he got off again and said my suspension is too lose, I have tokico's all the way around, so I put them on 4's all the way around, we got back on the track(he is driving) and HE JUST LET IT RIPPPPP!!! holy balls! my car was AMAZING!!
he even said he honestly wasn't expecting it to handel this well, after four laps of pushing it harder and harder I got back in the drivers seat and by the end of the day I was getting to be a pro, I can't take the credit, the Z takes all of it, the car was down right amazing!! after few hours of racing, on and off ofcourse, they allowed me to have a passenger so a buddy of mine got in my car with a video camera, he taped everything, for two laps staraight, the second he sends it to me the tape I'll post it here for you guys to view.

after race day and on the 30 minute highway drive home when it was just me and the Z, I had a whole new respect and love for this car, few hours ago I was beating the sh*t out of it on the track on a hot day and she never once complained and there I was driving it on the high way going home, WOW, a race car that I can drive everyday!!
SO....I just wanted to tell you that if you set up your car with the right tools your Z31 will shock the sh*t out of you and EVERYONE ELSE on the track, I had guys with a Z32's, one BMW M3, and all the 350Z guys that day tell me how impressed they were with the performance of my car, no one, including myself, thought for one second I should be on that track with any of those guys, TWO WORDS came to mind thinking about my z31 on the track! SPEED BUMP!! I thought I would just get in their way, but the Z was simply everything BUT that!! I'm talking the handeling around corners was amazing.
the video turned out OWESOME, give him few days to get it ready and you too will be amazed of what a 20 year old 86 300 zx turbo did on Friday.

(I'll post pix tonight)

Post Edited (Aug 28, 9:44pm)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Im glad to hear it!! These cars have Major potential. A little love in the right places, youre car will show its TRUE colors! Good job on youre ride. What did you have the boost set at?? How do you like the increased boost levels?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yes I want to see this video too

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was running stock boost, I had major problem with the boost controller that we are still trying to figure out what it is!!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Suspension mods to wonders for these cars.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Congrats 2th. I can tell you're really pumped just by reading your post. Just one quick question. How hard was it to keep to the speed limit on the way home after having a day like that? LOL I think I can imagine. I took an incentive ride in an F-16 back in the 80's. After we landed back at base, I wanted to tear up the road with my car. However, common sense did kick in. LOL.

Special Ops Lives!!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahaha, thats funny, truth is I was driving BELOW the speed limit, why? I was so tired after being on the track all day, and I was trying to take it easy on the car too.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I had close to the same experience in my Z31 a little over a year ago. I went with a friend to Willow Springs. I had an instructor drive my Z also while I sat in the passenger seat. He was very impressed by the way my Z handled. In fact we blew by some Porsches (It was a POC event) and a few other various makes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.