ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure I may as well follow the lead, and let everyone know of a... possible buy.

There is a 81 280zx red auto t-top for sale for $1350 at World of Wheels on the road to Palmerston. The dealer kept saying how it has no rust. What a laugh. It's a part-restoration job - supposedly for sale due to a divorce or something. Stereo has been replaced with something modern. Horrid red paint job. Bonnet wont open properly. Centre console missing. Broken antenna. Spare wheel well full of water. Average interior.

All in all, for the price, not bad. In the trunk you'll find all sorts of odds and sods, inc a Space Saver. I offered the guy money for it, but no go (doh!). Also was tempted re the digital clock in the 3gauge. Interesting red-tipped speedo/tacho pointers (my 81 wasn't like that).

If you live in Darwin, say hi. If you buy the car, any chance of giving me the space saver? :)

PS Yes- Darwin, Australia

·
Registered
596 Posts
Space saver

I have one laying around, original 77 vintage...holds air. How much you willing to pay?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Space saver

It is the 280zx's (and others?) spare wheel.

It is called a Space Saver, as it isn't a full sized wheel. Basically it looks like a rim with a 1" tyre on it. The tyre inflates (comes with a compressed air canister originally) to "full" size. You can only use the space saver once, then you're meant to throw it away. They're kinda rare. Certainly not common.

Cheers
Travis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.