ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my problem is that my Z skips when idling. Also my car seems to burning gas too fast. I just filled up today and drove about 12-15 local city miles after fill up and a bar drops(digital dash). Also when I get about 40-50MPH I get a big throw back when I drive. This has been going on for the past 3 months now since I changed the TPS. I been loosing gas before I touched to TPS still. Also my car starts stumbling when the TEMPERATURE gets warmer around 45F or higher. But when I accelerate longer it goes away and everything is better. But it comes back when I start the car again. I have maintain this car anally. CAN ANYONE HELP ME HERE??!! I well tell you everything i done so far under the hood ...here we go:

1)vacuum hoses
replaced a/c and heat vac hoses (spring 2004)
intake manifold and sensors vac hoses (2 weeks ago)

2)REPLACED
MAF NAPA (3 1/2 years ago)
6 Fuel Injectors Beck/Arnley(Last Month)
6 spark plugs NGK and wires NISSAN(Summer 2004)
cap and rotor NISSAN(Spring 2004)
brake master cylinder (Fall 2002)
upper radiator hoses (Fall 2004)
Radiator (Summer 2003)
Battery SEARS DIEHARD GOLD(SUMMER 2003)
Battery Wires (SUMMER 2003)
Transmission Rebuilt COTTMAN(Spring 2003)
HI OUTPUT Alternator 200AMPS(Spring 2002)
RACK and Pinion w/ Lower Steering Shaft NAPA(Summer 2003)
K&N FIPK Air Filter (cleaned 4 1/2 months ago)
THROTTLE CHAMBER (3 Months Ago)
TPS (3 Months ago)
alternator/fan clutch/ac compressor Belts (Spring 2003)
TIMING BELT (FALL 2003)
Water Pump (Summer 2002)
FUEL PUMP w/digital dash w/newer style without cylinder (Summer 2002)
Thermastat (Summer 2003)

DenZeL KnighT
'86 300zx non-turbo w/digital dash w/218,000miles and still going strong

"If you wanna ride....RIDE IN STTTTYLLLLE!!!"

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'd check and/or replace the O2 sensor....I gained about 11% in gas mileage from putting in a new Bosch. Also ran stronger when warmed up.

Might try resetting the ECU a few times.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doesn't the O2 sensor work at around 2000rpm? And also when i let off the accerlator I can hear my exhaust making a crackling noise. Last year I replaced the cat and the cat back to the muffler. You think it is still the O2 sensor or maybe the TPS needs the continuity aligned again? I didn't feel that throw back effect till I changed the TPS.

Thanks,

DenZeL KnighT

·
Registered
657 Posts
id start with resetting the TPS....... then run codes....

Fa-kin-a:
Where did you get the bosch O2????........ i went to a few places and they all gave me the same bosch o2's that was way too big. ended up having to get the dealer part. worst $105 i ever spent.. It wasnt the o2.

·
Registered
104 Posts
most likely your exhaust has a warranty check it out i know where i used to work they had like a two year warranty on parts, i would check that chts and sub harness

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Should check your fuel lines; sounds like you may have a leak there. Can you smell fuel from your AC? Try it out and if u can there's your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.