ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 142 Posts
Joined
·
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

Wrong Easyguy the spirit of the law would be VIOLATED once people are are just blowing through the stop sign.


I had a friend get a stop sign violation and the COP even told him had he slowed to at least a few mph he would NOT be getting a ticket BUT since he ran through it at 15 mph he was BUSTED AND RIGHTLY so!!
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

Blowing through at 1mph or faster? Where's the limit? Oh, it's "STOP". There is a limit.

Your friend had a cop give him a ticket. Right. Enough said. The cop has the ability to give that ticket at 1 mph because the law is for you to STOP, not YIELD. If it were yield, they would put a yield sign up. What's so hard to understand about that?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
6,412 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

"spirit of the law"--what the heck is that if not a copout to I don't have to play by the same rules as everyone else, I'm special. "the spirit of the law is an interpetion at best and trying to change what black and white written law says by interpeting it to fit your own personal needs or wants is wrong! You don't get or deserve any more special treatment than anyone else.In the spirit of unemployment laws I think you should give up yours to someone less fortunate.

Spirit of the law -my a$$.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,976 Posts
lack of clarity...

" constantly increasing speeds."

Matt I don't know about Asheville but the Greater Hickory area has seen speeds reduced to THE ABSURD!! Roads that were formally 55 mph are now 45 mph or even 35 mph , EVEN though there has been no additional development to speak of on those roads!

I know exactly what your talking about. By talking about the same roadways and more traffic is what your seeing and it's getting bad. NCDOT is admittedly 20+ years behind in road construction/improvements. And they are over 30 mill in the hole, so even with the stimulus BS don't expect traffic flow to improve anytime soon.

What I meant by constantly increasing speeds and I was unclear is tickets. More and more tickets are coming in with faster speeds. Normally the majority of tickets have been for 15 over now 20 is the norm and it's not uncommon to see 100mph+ tickets much more frequently.

Actually if you get caught doing 100 or more now they can seize your car.
 
Joined
·
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

zxtoy and easyguy ONCE again you are WRONG!! The SPIRIT OF THE LAW is applied EVERYDAY by the VASY majority of cops who allow you to go 9 mph over the limit but bust your ass for ten mph over.

I had a Georgia cop who nabbed me for 17 mph over back in the 80's tell me
"Son always remember 9 you're fine 10 you're mine!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,976 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

I had a Georgia cop who nabbed me for 17 mph over back in the 80's tell me
"Son always remember 9 you're fine 10 you're mine!"

That's a pretty safe rule of thumb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,682 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

Once again you show your education level and your ability to put words together through name calling. I laugh at your failed attempts to piss me of for I know that in person and over the net are 2 different things. I have a sense that you are the little perv in the corner that has erectile dysfunction and only can get it up when you see a 12 yr old boy walking by.

However, back to the discussion. I'm speaking from experience and you are the one talking our of your ass as usual. You get called on things (i.e. being a racist intelligent redneck) and all you have is well believe me because I told you. sorry it doesn't cut it in the real world.

WTF are you pissing an moaning for anyway, what just get 20 tickets from running red lights. Or do you just leach across the net for the next quote from a government official that tickles your taint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

COME ON, NOW!!! CAIN'T WE ALL JUST...GET ALONG?!?!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,963 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

lol I have to put my $.02 in (even though it wont be seen by most).

I believe going slightly over the speed limit (or way over if conditions permit) has NO effect on safety. It is unskilled, incognizant drivers that cause the problems in my 5 years of driving experience. I pretty much always do 5 over and love to let my car go on open roads. I have never got into an accident, and have only got one ticket - which was one of the Orange county profit stops.
Many of my friends who aren't as "spirited" drivers as myself have been in multiple accidents and I consider them much more of a threat to the public than myself.
Dodging known speed traps is a great idea in my opinion.
Dodging DUI checkpoints -however- is a bad idea, as that is in no way defensible.
 
Joined
·
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

Wow KCObabe you are a NOBODY and you have just shown yourself to be as misinformed as you are ignorant.

Congrats!!! This DUNCE cap is for you!!


Oh and La260Z you are RIGHT!! The NHTSA report from 2008 PROVES your point in that this extensive crash survey stated ONLY 5% of all crashed are directly related to speeding!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

Unless you're an overly feminine male, chances are you (basically EVERYONE) speeds every now and again. Most people are smart enough as Matt says to do it with careful consideration.
People need to realize that these laws are set so that EVERYONE can drive safely at the listed speeds. It's setting it so a 15 year old with his new license can handle it without any safety concern, it's setting it so a 80 year old can STILL handle these limits easily without reason for concern. It's __ALSO__ considering that the crappiest roadworthy car ever made in the last 50 years can cope with this.

These are safety standards to cope for the worst possible scenario driver & vehicle.

You can't go around calling some random guy an unsafe person for speeding a little, you don't know how good his driving skills are. I'd like to assume that most people are able to use good judgment when they choose to speed, but some people are just idiots.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,656 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

scott 280z Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unless you're an overly feminine male, chances are
> you (basically EVERYONE) speeds every now and
> again. Most people are smart enough as Matt says
> to do it with careful consideration.
> People need to realize that these laws are set so
> that EVERYONE can drive safely at the listed
> speeds. It's setting it so a 15 year old with his
> new license can handle it without any safety
> concern, it's setting it so a 80 year old can
> STILL handle these limits easily without reason
> for concern. It's __ALSO__ considering that the
> crappiest roadworthy car ever made in the last 50
> years can cope with this.
>
> These are safety standards to cope for the worst
> possible scenario driver & vehicle.
>
> You can't go around calling some random guy an
> unsafe person for speeding a little, you don't
> know how good his driving skills are. I'd like to
> assume that most people are able to use good
> judgment when they choose to speed, but some
> people are just idiots.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

I'm not sure what is considered cowardly about not getting caught doing something wrong - BY THE VERY ACT OF NOT DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL!!!!

If software or other devices allow folks to see that they might get caught, what do they do? They stop doing it. The iphone app is acting as an effective deterrent and the police chief should be happy those drivers have them.

In fact they should install fake cameras that only emit a signal that software would pick up....
 
Joined
·
8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

scott 280z you just made the most sense ever for some of the low speed limits. never even thought of the 15 year old inexperienced driver or the half blind 80 year old man. Norm throws Scott a cold one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

280Z-hab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is an ap for breaking the law? Seem like a
> lot of trouble to go to just to be a speeder, a
> drunk driver, or a red light runner.
>
> If you are driving the speed limit then who cares
> where the radar guns are? If you are sober then
> who cares where the checkpoints are? If you dont
> run red lights then who cares where the cameras
> are?

This is NOT breakling the law.
>
> What mature, licensed, tax-paying citizen would
> even care about using software to knowingly break
> the law?!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

The ignorance here is ASTOUNDING.Anyone who thinks these traffic cams,photo radar are for safety are more ignorant than Bubbles.They are for revenue enhancement ONLY.

If there is any question to their being "legit" just google San Diego and traffic cameras.

Any one care to tell me what a "yellow light" means?
 
41 - 60 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top