ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: IDIOT Police chief denounces 'cowardly' iPhone users monitor

My take on this is a little different. I don't really think it's a question of right or wrong or condoning lawless behavior... I think it's about technology.

If police agencies can use technology to write more tickets, we can use technology to avoid those tickets. The motivation of the offender or the police agency is irrelevant IMO. The police can complain and name call all they want. If they don't want to surrender their radar guns and redlight cameras...why should speeders and red-light runners (not that I condone the practice) surrender their technology?

it levels the playing field as far as I'm concerned.

8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

zxtoy 280Zhad and Easyguy you guys ASSUME that I SPEED AND RUN RED LIGHTS simply beacuse I oppose a BIG BROTHER POLICE STATE!!

I have not gotten a ticket for speeding in over 10 years and I have not EVER gotten a ticket for running a stop light HOWEVER I have been on streets where the green goes to red so fast you would need 18 inch Brembos to stop in time.

You guys just DON'T GET IT and it is VERY SAD!!! VERY SAD!!

The Govenment IS NOT concerned about safety AT ALL it is ALL ABOUT REVENUE GENERATION and the fact that you guys can't see that still makes me want to PUKE my guts out!!

I have driven with a few off duty officers at OVER 130 mph on more than one occasion so YES I see the hypocrisy!!

8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

And do you KNUCKLEHEADS not realize that PRIVATE COMPANIES run these red light cameras for the city and split the booty????? They would have NO INTEREST in shortening yellow light times in order to make MORE PROFIT now would they????????????????

·
Registered
2,682 Posts

Norm as usually you are talking out of your ass.

Living in a town with traffic light cameras there are certain rules that the law has to abide by when placing them. Otherwise it is entrapment. Thus the reason you will always see this 100 feet before an intersection:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.modot.org/ExpressLane/images/stoplight.png&imgrefurl=http://www.modot.mo.gov/ExpressLane/RedLightCameraSigns.htm&usg=__p8sMQfL6EBqPgWjdGCCq98pSygE=&h=346&w=270&sz=60&hl=en&start=15&um=1&tbnid=7xqxIelJgCo2WM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=94&prev=/images?q=photo+enforced+signal+sign&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=0qp&sa=N&um=1

At that point it's your option to run and gun or not. There are a couple problems with these light though:

1. They take pictures of people making free right hand turns. Wife has already gotten one of those in which it is sent as a warning (people do review the photos before you get the ticket). Which leads me to my next issue

2. If you are in a state (i.e. Nevada) where the plates are issued to the owner and not the car. Everyone that drives your car will get you a ticket if they do not have the ones (like in Dallas) that also take a photo of the driver. I have received a ticket in Nevada on the ramp camera for one of my cars in the past.

I do not think the iPhone app is a bad thing though. How many people will actually remember to look at their iPhone when drunk and remember where those are. Driving drunk is hard as it is. So for the drunk driver part it's bull.

Either way Norm, between your name calling and all of the political and racist comments you make; I hope karma does come full circle on you at some time. You must be the most ignorant, angry, possibly sexually frustrated person on this board. Hopefully one of these days you will get kicked so I don't have to listen to your "holier then thou" post.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Cat and mouse...

Always has been alway will be. They come up with something the other side of the coin comes up with a counter.

Cooprdog, that is a very valid stance. It would not suprise me at all if the developers of the software don't have driving issues. It's just another challenge for them and that is there source of income.

Right or wrong, we have rights that allow us to make decisions. No camera, radar detector, GPS software is going to help people with bad morals.

Following this same logic, criminal attorneys should be illegal. The cop bust them, the criminal uses a tool (human vs. electronic) to counter the charges. Yes this is after the fact, keep in mind criminals keep these attorneys on retainer for there upcoming antics. The attorneys make a fortune off this. 9X out of 10 the people are guilty.

Face it our legal system is setup to fail in correcting behavior. People that go thru the system come out being even worse. They are most effective at getting money.

I've seen it all my life from both sides of the coin. Now after 12 years of State level management I see very little change for the good. We have more people, more cars, same roads for the most part, and constantly increasing speeds. I don't look forward to my daughter being able to drive in 12 years- god knows what it will be like then.

·
Registered
431 Posts

I got tired of reading all of the stupid "I can piss farther than you can!" comments, so I sorta skimmed them and I didn't see this yet.

In driver's education, here in the USA, they told us that if you're out in an intersection when the light is yellow, and you finish going through the intersection, even if the light turns red while you're still in it, turning or going straight, it is not running the red light. The dashed lines in the lanes right before a traffic light signal where you can be and still make it through the intersection at the speed limit, according to driver's ed instructors. The intersections that I've seen with the red-light cameras, the yellow light doesn't last long enough for a car that is around halfway through the dashed line part, to make it to the intersection at the speed limit.

Now, were the light times adjusted to nab more people?
Was it the fault of the people who install and program them, getting the timing wrong?
Were the driver's education instructors, that are required to tell us the laws of the road and how to obey them, telling us faulty information?

I've asked a man that works for the DMV, not the sit inside and take all **** day to renew your license person, but one that actually drove around to help enforce the law. He told me exactly what I was taught in Driver's ed.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts

"I think that's the whole point of this program," she told The Examiner. "It's designed to circumvent law enforcement -- law enforcement that is designed specifically to save lives."

NO - The whole point of this program is to circumvent unjust tax collection in the form of speeding tickets.

Know the difference between a Police Man & a Police Officer ???

One is helpfull the later is an officer of a government corporation acting as a tax collecting stooge.

·
Registered
860 Posts

Norm, the $1 Billion dollars of revenue that the article reflects between 2005-2008 fiscal years was under a Republican president/majority, so you're Demo-bashing holds even less water than usual.

Please, please, please keep your personal agenda and Crazy Rush rhetoric out of this site...

8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Hey Kcobabe the only one talking out his ass is YOU!!

read up on this shite and you will see that I am RIGHT! SO please by all means just PISS OFF you pathetic troll.

8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

PRIVATE COMPANIES run these red light cameras for the city and split the fines collected THEREFORE it IS A CONFLICT of interest.

It takes a mental midget of the likes of KCObabe not to see the inherent corruption in the system.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

Wow norm (The 12 sec Dual SU Dude) - you seem very passionate about your view points.

You would probably win more people over if you stayed away from the immature name-calling. It makes your position appear childish.

After your last post I might even consider voting for Obama just to PISS YOU OFF!

G

·
0 Posts

Where do you see me accusing you of being a speeder? If you are going to use me as a reference, please get it right.

I support laws that keep people safe. I support laws that are in existance and need enforcement like racing yellow lights. Not extending yellows or getting rid of cameras that will nail people who run reds.

If you cannot support laws that support safety, good driving and saving lives and cars, then buy a f'in bicycle. Give up the driving priveledge if you cannot handle the simple rules to keeping those priveledges.
I'm sure that comment will piss you off, Norm. But it's just spitting back at you a comment you made about people who may support a red light speed trap.
If you never speed, it wouldn't be an issue. Nothing to worry about because you are indeed following the rules and doing your part to keep your priveledge of driving.

8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Hey Easyguy when was your last at fault accident???
Mine was 1985. I AM a safe driver and I DON'T run red lights HOWEVER I KNOW how these cameras are rigged to nail you on short yellows cause I have heard about it for YEARS!! Fortunately my town doesn't have them but others sure as **** do EVERYWHERE!

I mean George Orwell tried to warn people about the dangers of a surveillance society and yet people here JUST AMAZE me at their willing acceptance of it.

8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

The probelm with society today is that they try to run things by teh LETTER OF THE LAW instead of the SPIRIT OF THE LAW!

Ya know 1 mph rolling stops that ALMOST EVERYONE HERE does but may not admit too BUT if a cop sees ya BUSTED even though you DID adhere to the spirit of the law which is SAFETY!!

·
Registered
499 Posts

Sometimes I wonder if NORM, TonyD and Y0RGO are the same person.......

8,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

" constantly increasing speeds."

Matt I don't know about Asheville but the Greater Hickory area has seen speeds reduced to THE ABSURD!! Roads that were formally 55 mph are now 45 mph or even 35 mph , EVEN though there has been no additional development to speak of on those roads!

IT IS JUST ONE HUMONGOUS SPEED TRAP to STEAL from otherwise law abding citizens!!

G

·
0 Posts

Norm, been involved in three accidents. None at at fault. All fully covered. Had one where a cop tried to blame 50/50 for the accident so I asked the cop what the drivers handbook that we all study to pass the test to get a license had to say. He changed it to completely the other guy's fault.

The law is the law. Yes, the letter of the law. It's there in black and white, easy to understand and if you don't like it, then feel free to lobby people who can change it.
Sorry but this "spirit of the law" is too open to interpretation and that would be based on each individual's history. If my version of the spirit of the law was that in the old west, lynch mobs used to go out and hang people (Sometimes the right people, sometimes not) for harming the locals, would that give the public the right to a good old fashioned hanging if a kid across the street hit my kid? What if my kid were handicapped? Or in a wheelchair? Or hit with a 2x4? Or if that 2x4 were carved in the shape of a sword and my kid had one also but mine got hit. Sorry, spirit of the law is a crap arguement. That's why some people took the time to write down in black and white the defenitions of each law and the penalties.
People need to learn to be responsible and take their lumps, not accomodate their whims.

G

·
0 Posts

You roll 1mph. Next guy a bit more, bit more until there's just a yield instead of a stop. Oh, wait. It started with the first guy NOT STOPPING. Just yielding. Which there is a sign for.
People will keep pushing and pushing, taking inch by inch like my ten year old does. Push the boundaries.

Look, you have your opinion, I have mine. We won't agree with each other on this, so as far as discussion between you and I are concerned on this issue, it's something we should just drop. We each believe what we believe and neither of us has a position on it to change the other. End of story on this one.

21 - 40 of 142 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.