ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Ive nailed my problem down to the ic unit on the dis because I crossed up the coil wires which i still dont know which wire goes where blue + black with white stripe - right I dont know but anyways I dont have a FSM I would love one but no money which brings me to my question is there one test I can do to narrow it down to that 220 dollar part I do have a multimeter and ohmmeter also the car hasnt run for 2 months because of this problem please help thanks

· Registered
4,289 Posts
The blue wire goes to the '-' side of the coil, the black / white to the '+' side of the coil.

You should have + 12 V at the brown and the blue wires at the ignition module connector with the key in "run".

Inside the Dizzy the resistance across the green and red wires should be around 400 ohms (pickup coil).

Put an analog volt meter between the '-' side of the coil and ground, as you crank the engine each time the Dizzy tries to fire the coil the meter needle should deflect. You can not do this test with a DVM, you need an analog volt meter or a tach/dwell meter or an oscilloscope to see the pulses.

Throw the money you do not have at the FSM instead of at the parts you do not need.

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

· Registered
107,597 Posts
i got mine at the local public library for free. it's a small southern mississippi library, and they are limited on material, so i'd imagine that if you are from a larger area, they'd have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.