ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girl friends both mom and dad have worked on cars for over 40 years and she told them yesterday that I was getting a 280ZX today and they said that it was a peace of S#!T hmmm
made me think about not getting it but I love how it looks and runs! it has turbo and 103,000 miles
does any one out there own a 81 280ZXT that can tell me how good they hold up?

thanks P.S I need to know by 6:00 tonight Maryland time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
> my girl friends both mom and dad have worked
> on cars for over 40 years and she told them
> yesterday that I was getting a 280ZX today
> and they said that it was a peace of S#!T
> hmmm
> made me think about not getting it but I
> love how it looks and runs! it has turbo and
> 103,000 miles
> does any one out there own a 81 280ZXT that
> can tell me how good they hold up?

> thanks P.S I need to know by 6:00 tonight
> Maryland time

All I have to say is that I disagree compleatly. I have a 79, and I love it, glad I bought it! I have had minor problems, but never anything major. an 81, in my mind would have to be better (if taken care of) simply because it is news, and and regular bugs would have been worked out (if any) I say buy it. :) Just cause I LOVE 280ZX's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
> All I have to say is that I disagree
> compleatly. I have a 79, and I love it, glad
> I bought it! I have had minor problems, but
> never anything major. an 81, in my mind
> would have to be better (if taken care of)
> simply because it is news, and and regular
> bugs would have been worked out (if any) I
> say buy it. :) Just cause I LOVE 280ZX's

I totally agree that the 280ZX is NOT a piece of ****. (A Ford is another subject though :))
I have a owned a 280ZX scince IP started to drive and it was in the family even way before. it is an 81. And has never had any serious problems. I think it is one of the better cars ever manafactured. They hold up real well. I Have a 280ZX turbo and would not trade it for just about anything. Even with the High HP it still holds up. (Modifyed buyt with stock internals you can get about 350+ HP and run 12 sec quarter miles.) Now thats a sports car for you. and not to talk about the great handling it has :). Yeah you might need to replace a couple of worn rubber bushing. But that is just normal. If you don't decide to buy it. Post it up on this site and I'm sure someone else will be happy to buy it.. I hope you don't pass up this oppertunity to own a great car. :) Tell us what u decide and how you like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well Im getting it in one hour it has 103,000 miles alittle rust on the door just a little
and the inside is GREAT and it runs pretty good
it did a 90% turn when I punched it =)
its $1000 and comes with 2 turbos they both work
he had to replace the turbo when the car would keep smoking but that did not fix it its was the gas tank so now it comes with 2 working turbos

thanks for replying

Jeff 81 280ZXT

as of tonight
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
> my girl friends both mom and dad have worked
> on cars for over 40 years and she told them
> yesterday that I was getting a 280ZX today
> and they said that it was a peace of S#!T
> hmmm
> made me think about not getting it but I
> love how it looks and runs! it has turbo and
> 103,000 miles
> does any one out there own a 81 280ZXT that
> can tell me how good they hold up?

> thanks P.S I need to know by 6:00 tonight
> Maryland time

I have an 83 280zxt and think the car is great. Also own a 210. It seems Datsun made pretty bullet proof engines. The zxt has 140,000 and th 210 195,000 on it. Both run strong and I haven't had to throw a lot of money into them. Of course like ANY used car it depends also on how well they were maintained.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
> I have an 83 280zxt and think the car is
> great. Also own a 210. It seems Datsun made
> pretty bullet proof engines. The zxt has
> 140,000 and th 210 195,000 on it. Both run
> strong and I haven't had to throw a lot of
> money into them. Of course like ANY used car
> it depends also on how well they were
> maintained.
Yeah but a 280zx is the ugliest Z ever made? Who cares if it runs good or not ? I hate ZX they are so ugly I only like tru Z 240260280 or 300ZX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
> Yeah but a 280zx is the ugliest Z ever made?
> Who cares if it runs good or not ? I hate ZX
> they are so ugly I only like tru Z 240260280
> or 300ZX

It doesn't matter how well they run? Are you stupid? Why not buy a Ford?? Some of them look pretty good. The 300ZX has less style than the 280zx. **** YOU!! Sorry. Just get pissed at people like you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got it 2 hours ago it took awhile to start
but 2 years of setting Im sure does alot of good for it

but after it ran for awhile its got some kick
the RPM flys up 0-6000 really fast so I think its running pretty good and I really like how it looks I like the 240Z looks a little better
but hey $1000 bucks why not get a 280ZXT with 180 horses can't wait tell I can drive come on march come on =)

Jeff 280ZX Turbo

<A HREF=http://www.angelfire.com/ky/zulater/index.html>http://www.angelfire.com/ky/zulater/index.html</A>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
I kinda agree with avil....

Dude, you got a deal. I envy you.
All 2+2 Zs are ugly except Z32's.
the 80's Zs are ugliest except when they have a
good body kit.
79-83 ZX can be ugly if the body is rough.

About the Z being a piece of ****. Have those
peoples ever owned a Z? Did they happen to only
work on American cars and live in Alabama?
Otherwise, people may think they're pieces of
shits because of the rust factor and because
inexperienced drivers with bad tires can crash
a ZX pretty easily.
As a matter of fact, I can't think of a more
popular car that's still on the road today from
the 70's (besides corvettes). that goes to show
about the quality....

> I just got it 2 hours ago it took awhile to
> start
> but 2 years of setting Im sure does alot of
> good for it

> but after it ran for awhile its got some
> kick
> the RPM flys up 0-6000 really fast so I
> think its running pretty good and I really
> like how it looks I like the 240Z looks a
> little better
> but hey $1000 bucks why not get a 280ZXT
> with 180 horses can't wait tell I can drive
> come on march come on =)

> Jeff 280ZX Turbo

>
> <A HREF=http://www.angelfire.com/ky/zulater/index.html>http://www.angelfire.com/ky/zulater/index.html</A>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Re: I kinda agree with avil....

> Dude, you got a deal. I envy you.
> All 2+2 Zs are ugly except Z32's.
> the 80's Zs are ugliest except when they
> have a
> good body kit.
> 79-83 ZX can be ugly if the body is rough.

> About the Z being a piece of ****. Have
> those
> peoples ever owned a Z? Did they happen to
> only
> work on American cars and live in Alabama?
> Otherwise, people may think they're pieces
> of
> shits because of the rust factor and because
> inexperienced drivers with bad tires can
> crash
> a ZX pretty easily.
> As a matter of fact, I can't think of a more
> popular car that's still on the road today
> from
> the 70's (besides corvettes). that goes to
> show
> about the quality....

Hay people like diffent cars I like the 280zx I like the way the hood is with the vents on it. besides who cares if no one like it it the person that has it that like is and that what matters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
That's also true....

that's true.
If you don't mind me asking, where are you
from Lestat? I've always wondered.

> Hay people like diffent cars I like the
> 280zx I like the way the hood is with the
> vents on it. besides who cares if no one
> like it it the person that has it that like
> is and that what matters
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
Re: That's also true....

> that's true.
> If you don't mind me asking, where are you
> from Lestat? I've always wondered.

I live in the Calfronia National forest Pinon Pines. In a small Town Called Frazier Park. And what good that the road are like the ones in Test Drive Alpine roads. It a good way to play with ya Z with out many people around. and it never hot unless you call 85 hot. I hope that anwser your question.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love it so much

Man I love my car the only thing that gets old but very fun is that I have a rock drive way
and every time I just tap the gas it spins tires
its not running great right now Im happy that its not running right because right now if I punch it the front end comes up not off the ground but it goes up. I can't wait untel it runs great I just hope I can keep the tires on the ground it also came with new tires

Jeff280ZXT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
zcars are the best nomattet what the year.

> Man I love my car the only thing that gets
> old but very fun is that I have a rock drive
> way
> and every time I just tap the gas it spins
> tires
> its not running great right now Im
> happy that its not running right
> because right now if I punch it the front
> end comes up not off the ground but it goes
> up. I can't wait untel it runs great I just
> hope I can keep the tires on the ground
> it also came with new tires

> Jeff280ZXT

Hehehe Your not alone you must have snow or frost in your area like I do useing your z to move the rocks can hurt your car. As in dents and that such unless your moveing your rocks around with your z hehehe. Thats hurting your car. Hay I m trying to rebuild my car from the inside out 4 dents on the out side and alot of work on the inside I m going to have fun doing it. And I dont care it a 280zx turbo 2+2 it going to look better then the cars that are out today that look all the same. I want some thing that gose hay that a car to drive. And have power to boot. I might want to get a better turbo but this car run good when cold that is. Like I say befor it the driver that like the car not other poeple. I would like to rebuild a 240z but untell I get one. it not my worries. I have a sucky Escort that dont like hill or a 280zx that will take a hill at 120 mph. Zs no matter what they are are the best from the 240z to the 300zx. And besides my Z 280zx turbo get better gas milage then my escort. And they are Load of fun. And hot to look at.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top