ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of you for being uncool. 88hybrid you can flaunt youre Z all you want. I just think you got a big head, thats all. Why dont you do something that more people could install easier? I mean, not all people can install hard to put on parts.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
what does his project have to do with the ability of others? if he makes a kit that's over someone's head then they should stay clear of it....as for the big head...i'd be proud of some progress like that and would want to share with the rest of the Z community...what he posted is no worse than someone showing a nice paintob. i sense a little jealousy

·
Registered
958 Posts
John... I think this entire thing has been way over your head. The point of what hes doing is to be flashy and different. It is SUPPOST to be something that no one else can do. That's the point. It wouldn't be half as cool if any moron could just do this. He isn't trying to make it so others can replicate it and he isn't doing it for a kit so other people can be moochers. He is being innovative and expressing himself through his car. It's a fun thing to do and I one day hope that I will be as knolegable about cars and metal, so that I may do something like that. Untill then I love to watch 88hybrid progress and modify his car.

Also, he most certaintly isn't "flaunting." In fact, I think hes being quite modest about the entire thing. He is putting pictures of what hes doing for 2 reasons :

A. He wants feedback to know what we think
B. WE ENJOY SEEING IT

****, it's allways a nice thing to log onto this forum and find an update to see what 88hybrid has been up to. It's a great thing hes doing.

Now that being said, just take a second to think about what he's doing. Don't respond to this. Just keep your answer to yourself. But, if you could do what 88hybrid is doing... would you not do the exact same thing or at least something very similar. Would you not call your buddies to come see what you're hours of hard work have accomplished? When a person spends that much time, and devotes that much of himself to something, he **** well better be proud of it. It's a good feeling to have that feeling of accomplishment. It's one of those natural highs. Boosts your confidence, and puts a little spring in your step.

Would you not do the same thing?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
As a Z owner from Australia I think it's just unreal some of the stuff people do to their Z's in the states. You NEVER see them down here as badass as 88hybrids, it's mean as ****. As for his modifications being hard to duplicate, thats a good thing! It makes his ride all that more special. I pay out the ass for parts & labour around here. I'm talking some serious, serious coin which in turn makes them uber rare in Australia. It's always good to see people that work on their cars themselves spin their magic; inspires me to want to get my Z looking half as good as that.

I want your hood and front bumper; thats so wicked mang...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't think 88hybrid is trying to brag about what he is doing (although he has every right too). It seems like he is posting in order to let us, Z fanatics, know an extremely unique way to "pimp" your car :eek:P I mean, he's a part of the Z community so I'm glad he is posting pictures and post regarding his project because a TRUE community should and would care. As you can see, 88hybrid is getting a lot of positive feedback because we are both excited and proud to have a knowledgable mechanic, such as 88Hybrid, as a part of the Z community!!! So keep up the good work 88hybrid and we'll see you next week in ST. Peters!

·
Registered
559 Posts
what a bafoon, anyone can get along with hybrid if youre not a jackass...i have a big head, but i have a slow car...88hybrid is a super chill guy who will help as much as possible, just dont be an idiot!!!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Anyone that has seen 88hyrbid's car in person will tell you that it is a work of art :). The product of a passionate zfan! It is the only z31 I have seen under the hood that really makes you take a step back in awe because it's hard to imagine the time it must have taken to attend to all of the small and large details of what you are seeing.

There are enough people out there that buy the "everything you need kits" and spend a couple of hours bolting it on. 88hybrid has thought through all of the different angles and hand fabricated parts for these unique setups of his! Very few people are skillfull enough to take it this far.

As es3 mentioned, 88hybrid has given a lot of himself to this passion and it shows. He is quite modest about it, much more modest then I know I would be! He is also kind enough to take pictures and provide comment on what he is doing to share it with the z31 community.

88hybrid - thanks again for keeping us posted!

·
Registered
632 Posts
this is prob the same for everyone. if YOU had make a new high flowing intake and done all the same crap the 88hybrid is doing wouldnt you be posting it, and showing the progress?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.