ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hunting a twincam head for my 83' 280zx L28 motor. I know they were on the japanese models well only in Japan. I was looking for one in the US.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Sure I know where. Ya got $$$$$ ;-)</b>

Call Nissan They sell the twin cam head for the Z. But sit down, I heard it was like $10,000

·
Registered
71 Posts
RE: Sure I know where. Ya got $$$$$ ;-)

The twincam head for the [email protected]* is only manufactured by OS Giken and *not* Nissan. I think you both are thinking of the S20 engine that came in the Fairlady 432's. The twincam head from OS Giken runs about $30,000.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE:TWIN CAM HEAD< WHY?

Why so much?? How much could it give you? The Supra (Toyota) had a twin cam straight six and it wasn't that big of a deal???

·
Registered
88 Posts
RE: Sure I know where. Ya got $$$$$ ;-)

Why not just go for RB26DETT? That has a twin cam, a twin turbo set-up and only goes for twin 5,000 dollar bills. That includes full engine (running), wiring harness, and ecm. In Japan they are only rated at 280 Hp, but that can be changed easily, by calling HKS. Have you seen their Skyline?

Later,
LuZZifer
'83 turbo project
'87 turbo

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
LuZZifer's right!

JG Engine Dynamics had one of the O.S. Gikken heads and did some dyno work on it. As a bolt-on, the gain was not really worth it. They could build you a complete SOHC engine and still save $20K over the cost of the head alone. I've seen them in Japan, and they're really trick, but the prices everybody's quoting was from 1985, when the yen was 268. Now it's 121 on a good day, DOUBLE the price in the Nissan book and then try to FIND one. Buy the RB, it's the next generation of the L-block anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.