ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... I've put up a few electrical problem posts and it's all fixed now... BUT - the fuse for the gauges blew again today. It's been fine for a few days now, but all of a sudden-POOF! I replaced the fuse (with the recommended amperage-Lay off SOM!!) a few times while unplugging gauges as I went, but every fuse pops as soon as power goes to it. I've done absolutely nothing to the car for the past few days but drive it. I did the fuse block clean already, thats how I got it all to work in the first place and all connections and wires look alright... I'm going on 4 rounds with this **** fuse... I can't let it beat me!!!

Thanks
Shayne
74 260Zee

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would get a couple alligator jumpers and slap an ammeter on line at the fuse box with an extra alligator jumper to also incorporate the fuse.
So now you have a hodge podge on the floor, look for any unusual current loss.
Maybe your fuse is riding the line of its limits.
It also could be a malfunction in one of your devices such as the clock.
You could pull the instruments off line one by one until you find any anomalies.

Madeline Michele
Hollywood, FL

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go out and get one of those multi-meter dealies tomorrow and see what I've got. I did pull the gauges one by one, sometimes even a couple at a time... nothing happened. Poop, I say.

Shayne

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.