ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang I bought this chip off eBay and it arrived. Claimed to be from ASH himself. But I feel like I have been had !

The one I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8026826123&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

the one he has for other 300zx's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/300ZX-NA-TURBO-STAGE-3-PERFORMANCE-ECU-EPROM-CHIP-Z32_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQitemZ8028650560

I think I was ripped off. First off the chip arrived with a different color padding. So to me its an old stock photo. I got padding in red. Also his user name on ebay as well is Innovative-Autosports. I contacted the seller to see whats going on and get my money back.

Here is a link to his other auction items. the package says Innovative Autosports so that how I know its them.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZinnovativeQ2dautosports

He sells for all other cars as well. He has them for 300zx but Using the Innovative-Autosports id

Im ready to cry. Im trusting my gut on this.

Okay I know some of you folks on here are like " why am I whining for buying on ebay" the seller did state the auction to be a true chip from ASH.

Im just trying to put a warning out for potential buyers who may come across this guys ad.

Post Edited (Jan 11, 12:58pm)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Missing something..

1. Where in the ebay listing anywhere does it say it is an AshSpecZ EPROM? It does not... IMHO you bought what he was selling, dont see how you can complain. Or did he email you and tell you otherwise? If so AND your email communications with him were via eBay AND you saved the emails then MAYBE you can get eBay to refund. Most likely you are, Sorry!, SOL...

2. Whats up with the URL www.BilletClamps.com in your sig? Goes to some generic search engine...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I think I got ripped off on an eBay wanna be Ash Spec ECU ch

opps im sorry!

here it is

I got my links mixed up
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8026826123&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT this is the one i bought. His package came in the mail saying Innovative-Autosports as the return address

If anyone wants me to I can post a pic of the chip in detail. There is some circling of numbers on it. Maybe ASH can help to identify it.

The website is now more .. Sorry. www.billetclamps.com

Post Edited (Jan 11, 1:03pm)

·
Registered
10,895 Posts

are your sure you didnt mix the links up when you purchased it? Do you have a picture of the chip you received? is your Ebay ID "jskinnovations" ?

on a side note - I would be hard pressed to buy anything from an ebay seller with a "(private)" feedback rating.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

In that case file a claim with ebay and paypal. You did pay with PayPal right? If not shame on you..

Should have bought from Ash directly.. You saved a whopping $40

http://www.ashspecz.com/ashspec/ECU/ECU.htm

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

40 bucks is 40 bucks. I can solder myself very well. :)

I did pay through paypal . Always.

I did send an email to the guy to get back to me asap. well see what happens.

BUt hey I mostly wanted to post for those out there that may see this ad to beware as I know I got scamed into buying something that is claimed an ASH chip to be but is not.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts

Guys, the Ebay ad says it is an Ash-Spec chip, which is the brand name of Ash's ECU. It doesn't matter that it doesn't say it's from Ash himself, a reasonable person would expect to receive an exact Ash chip. Assuming the chip isn't a fraud (ie. it's the same programming), then it's not a total loss, but you would want to verify the chip contents before using it. It is then up to Ash to claim against this Lynnwood company for damages, or to seek an injunction to stop the sales.*

* not legal advice, heed at your own risk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I know this post can be bit confusing. All the different links. BUt I did buy a chip stating to be an ASH Chip.

I get the package in the mail and decide to look up more info on this guy because he has pretty much no feedback. The package has Innovative-Autosports which is a user id on eBay as well.

Thanks z32d00d. Needed a bit of support lol

I will file a claim with paypal. They have been good to me before and I have sent a link to ASH about this.

Post Edited (Jan 11, 1:38pm)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts

Um... am I alone here? I'm pretty sure that's a real Ash-spec. It looks identical to mine. But anyway, in the ad, he never claimed to be ash. He said he bought it for his car then decided not to use it.

The fact that he's selling his own chips though... leads me to believe he bought Ash's chip to copy. Repackage Ash's program on his own chips and make a profit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

hey m4function

The ad states an Ash Spec Tuning chip in his ad title. But the guy also has another ebay user id that sells chips with the Innovative Autosports name as shown on the shipping package.

It just seems so fishy to me and obvious he is using Ash's name to make bigger profit.

Will this work I dont know.

Is there a way for Ash to take a look at my chip and make sure it's safe and up to par with his programming?

Post Edited (Jan 11, 4:01pm)

·
Registered
179 Posts

Why don't you just ***SPEAK* with Ash and see what you have an any recommendations he might have. Always seemed to be reasonable when I interacted with him.

Ok, I'll even make it easy... http://ashspecz.com/contact/contact.htm

Who knows??? maybe you got a great deal!

Post Edited (Jan 11, 7:06pm)

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

yeah i'd say its real. He prolly bought it, copied it, changed a few things, and is now selling it as his own. And you get the chip he copied from.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I tried contacting him. he doesnt answer emails for some reason. As well as instant messages. Thats why I was afraid to buy from him for a while. Then I see a chip on eBay from Ash and went for it.
Sorry again to cause comotion. I just found this very sneaky the way the transaction went.
I didnt know people were taking chips and duplicating them. Sucks for ASH but I guess its the same in music business.

Thanks for the help thats all I wanted.

·
Registered
236 Posts

If you want, you can send the chip to me for verification to see if it is an authentic AshSPEC EPROM. I would be happy to do this for you.

Also, did you send me an email or were you meaning it was difficult to get ahold of this individual via email. I check my email many times a day. Please keep in mind that my AIM account is not intended to conduct business through - there are no records of communication with it and I like to keep everything recorded - email is my primary business contact. Let me know what you would like to do - more than happy to accomodate.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts

Juan, you can send it to Ash (like he said) and get it verified. I'm sure he would love to catch someone doing copies of his chip and selling them on eBay. My guess is the chip is original and was used to create his "original" tune. It looks like Ash's labeling method to me. You might also want to see if the seller ever lists any more "Ash" chips for sale. If he does then I would think that it's a bogus seller.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.