ZCar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm back! Happy new year to all! I bought an 83 non-turbo coupe for 100 bucks (T-Tops, Silver on Silver, .5 spd) and I just dropped tank, cleaned 15 year old gas out and replaced fuel filter. Turned key on to start and no hum like my 82 coupe has. Car won't start. I have the FSM PDFs and they say to start with the 32 pin connector to troubleshoot. Is this connected to the ECU on drivers kick panel? Also where is the actual ECI/EFI relay at? I know the the Fuel pump relay is bright green on passenger kick panel. Any thoughts how to get this beast fixed? I'll run pins tomorrow, but wanted ya'lls opinion on where to start. I did get the car to fire off with starter fluid for a few seconds.
Thanks in Advance,
Scott in Charleston, SC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess I should have labeled the thread “83 Non-Turbo Fuel Pump issue” sorry about my title. It appears the fuel pump is bad as it won’t pump even disconnected and on a bench with 12 vdc. My question now becomes what pump to replace it with. OEM pumps seem to be over 250.00, anyone try the AirTex or Delphi pumps? I know years ago my 82 was finicky about an after mkt pump with to much pressure.
I saw 45 plus people saw my original post, please give me some advice.
Scott C

1 - 2 of 2 Posts