ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Bwahahahahahaha!

Hey, didn't you hear? That's THE magic setup. It practically tunes itself, gives better drivability than anything else on the planet, and waaaay more power. I've never heard of anyone having any particular problems with it, maybe your engine's tired... Perhaps you should try a (snicker) Predator! LOL

·
Registered
887 Posts
This goes out to the complete idiot TONY D,screw you,maybe you should try somthing before you knock it,I'd like to know what you think you have better than me,do you have more speed?,are you quicker? is your throttle responce better? YOU DONT KNOW DO YA!!! Just like an idiot,all mouth.

·
Registered
887 Posts
theres nothing wrong w/running a 4bbl on a Z car,1st you need to know what size holley it is,now do'nt just take someones word for it,you can find out what it is by running the list # that is on the air horn facing the primarys,once thats done let me know whats going on and we'll try to fix it.

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Dyno Sheet.

Anybody have a website where I can send JPG's of the dyno runs so I can post them here and shut that fool up?
Really, dude, get a grip!

·
Registered
887 Posts
you started the smartass stuff by talking sh!t about the pred. on my car,this guy dos'nt want your lip he just wanted some advice,who are you to offer any if all of it is the same,are you saying that carbs. cant make as much HP as injection,we all know that couldnt be further from the truth,so please,get drunk,pass out and try to remember that waking up is optionial.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Re: Yo flame, check this

well, 4 barrels work fine. I had a 260 with a 390. I didn't know very much about tuning engines but I found changing springs in the vacuum diaphram for the secondaries made my car run better. There is a cheap kit you can buy that has a quick change cover so you can test how different springs work for you. The springs are color coded so you don't get mixed up.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Re: Yo flame, check this

yea im very familiar w/holleys & preditors & the edelbrocks that are accually made by WEBBER,I have a pretty good understanding of most all carbs and that spring kit is 1 of the best things that HOLLEY ever brought to market,thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The bug I'm running into is backfire after restart and getting the RPM's down at idle without stall. I'm starting to think I've go a bad distributor. It's new Mallory Unilite.

Question? How are you guys running the fuel lines? Are you using a Regulator?, Electric Pump or off the Stock engine pump?

-Magic

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
Oh, was that YOUR car?

I guess if you had kept your mouth shut, nobody would've known...
Darn well could've been discussing the Predator we put on MY car...
Then again, he specifically asked for suggestions to be E-MAILED to HIM, so that left the tongur-in-cheek comment column wide ope on forum. Did you bother to respond to HIM, or did you just waste everyones' time and bandwidth by posting here. At least my was so over the top (as evidenced by the title line) everyone knew it was a hooter.
Oh, except you. I can't help mentally deficient people. I can only hope they spontaneously generate a sense of perspective an humour about the world...

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
OK, now...

You are requesting help be posted here, right. How many of the guys actually e-mailed you? Or did they just post here.You did realize by my title line, that obviously I had some sort of smarta$$ remark, and skipped right over it, right Magic?

As for you next request, backfire after restart and high-idle, sounds like you may (might) have a vacuum leak somewhere. If you have a Holley, beware of the possibility of carb damage by a manifold backfire, and damage to the valving in the carb. This is a much better post, as you have identified the problem and specifics and now can get some assistance rather than a grab bag of non-specific general replies.

BTW, this is why I posted above like I did: The response was based on an amalgam of claims from the past regarding all the virrtues of the conversion. As you are now learning, any modification is not just a "plug-n-play" and that the four-barrel setup has it's own vices. I could've just as easily posted "best tuning tip: pull it off and replace it with the stock SU's" Some of these other guys have to get perspective in life and realize that their choice of carburetion is not really that important. Anybody posting that "I didn't know anything aobut cars or tuning engines" kinda tell the story of why people choose the four barrel in the first place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.