ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some help from the guys on z31.com, but I'm still a little confused. The gauges that I am tring to install are the autometer 4422 for the oil pressure and 4401 for the boost gauge. I have taken a look at az-zbum site, but I need help on the actual hook-up. I'm confused on where to hook-up the nylon hoses. So far this is what I got
engine bay picture
now is this where the oil pressure line should get hooked-up or is this where the boost line gets hooked-up. then the next question would be, where does the other line get hooked-up? Pictures would be a plus, becuase I don't now anything so I usually just get more confused. Thanks

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
the nylon line will hook up where your old oil pressure sending unit was.....the boost gauge will hook up to any port you can get it in...somewhere on the manifold.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I connected my boost gauge here:

There was a bolt there, and the fitting for the gauge that I got from autometer fit exactly in it. Make sure to put teflon tape on all fittings so it doesn't leak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the help. domdogg123 thanks for the picture, it helps more than a thousand words. I appreciate all the help.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey Dondogg

nice pic....two questions

1. I see the where ur at but on mine there are two possibilities.. I have a 10mm hex head bolt on the intake then there is a 8mm hex with phillips screw driver insert behind it closer to the head and fire wall.

Which one did you connect up to?

2. It doesnt look like you have that vac tank over on the passenger side hooked up or is it hiding from us like everything else on these beauties..

Thanks for the pic though it helps to see....
bob

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I'll go get some batteries for my camera and I'll post a pic later today to help you out. It was ontop of the pipe between the intake plenum and the TB though.

2) My previous owner screwed me over good. He wanted to custom mount the vacuum lines or something stupid, so he moved the location of the tank. It's there, just tough to see. Right infront of the coolant tank.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Domdogg123

Another quick question. For the oil pressure gauge. I read you said you have to hook it up where the oil pressure unit is and I found the pressure unit. So when I found it removed the black boot, and then I removed the electrical plug, but now what do I do. What I have left is nylon tubbing with a t-adapter. Thanks

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
When you hook up the new oil pressure gauge, it replaces the stock unit. So the one on your dash won't work.

Here's your pics:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok Outstanding Dog.............it is the larger hex....

and yea I got the new boost gauage Dukethenuke and I have to do the same job u are......might as well replace the oil pressure guage too...not sure mine is giving me the right readings....

Are you hooking the electrical part of your guages to the existing connects for the old unit?????
bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
navbob

I hope you successfully finished your project. I did, except I drained my battery. As for the electrical part I just used the old connections. If you're doing the oil gauge removing the oil sending unit takes some musle (I actually bent the bolt on the sending unit while loosening, but it came out). If you are putting the boost gauge in the stock location youalmost have no other choice, but to also replace the oil gauge. If you need help or pics. e-mail me and i'll send some. [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.